Passed ccna...

srikanth.ccna2010srikanth.ccna2010 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
What can i do next? suggest me...
ccnp or ccna security?

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What would be more beneficial for your job or for your own interests? And are you interested in doing them both eventually?

Edit: and congrats on the pass!
  • SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    Congrats ! :D

Was it the composite or the ICND2?
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

Whats next ? A few beers ?
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
    Congrats! I can't wait to join the CCNA ranks shortly!
  • wolfinsheepsclothingwolfinsheepsclothing Member Posts: 155
    Congrats! I can't wait to join the CCNA ranks shortly!
    Same :)
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What can i do next? suggest me...
    ccnp or ccna security?

I've had the same question myself. After reading several of the threads I think I will go after the CCNA-S right afterwards. I am trying to make myself more marketable. I've read from several users stating there is a lot of overlap between the ccna and ccna-s and average study time was about 1 - 2 months.

I figured I would take it while the material was fresh in my head. I plans on going for CCNP after the ccna-s.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    I've had the same question myself. After reading several of the threads I think I will go after the CCNA-S right afterwards. I am trying to make myself more marketable. I've read from several users stating there is a lot of overlap between the ccna and ccna-s and average study time was about 1 - 2 months.

I figured I would take it while the material was fresh in my head. I plans on going for CCNP after the ccna-s.

This is interesting. I'll be in the same predicament I suppose.

I'm currently in a Helpdesk/Desktop support role however, so I don't think I'm going to go for CCNP until I get a solid 6 months to a year of experience in a decent network role. CCNA-S and then Voice sounds like a good plan, and hopefully by that time I'll be in that new job.
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    It depends on you as a person,if it were me i will go for CCNP before the CCNA security,why cos i believe if you get to know in and out of routing and switching.to handle the security or any other aspect of networking , it will be more easier.
  • bushwackbushwack Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    andy4tech wrote: »
    It depends on you as a person,if it were me i will go for CCNP before the CCNA security,why cos i believe if you get to know in and out of routing and switching.to handle the security or any other aspect of networking , it will be more easier.

I have to agree with this.
    Make your Passion your Profession
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    congratz on the pass! I have a couple of CCNA friends who were debating the same thing, but most of them seem to go for the Security first then CCNP.
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I understand where others say to go get the CCNP first, but here is another look at it.

You want to get a entry level job doing networking. Most jobs asking for CCNA are also looking for someone that understands basic security. CCNA-S show thems you have the foundation.

So you put your time in as the L2 guy and over the next year you get your CCNP.

Then you have experiance plus the higer cert which allows you to go for the network admin role.

Best ROI, in my opinion is CCNA-S before CCNP. Everyone is different and has different goals when studying for these certs.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action