Passed ccent today!

johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
Very HAPPY, I came in thinking I was totally gonna fail, I scored pretty well, I'm paranoid about the NDA so I won't post it, when I finished I found it to be very fair, not easy, but not too hard (if u study :))

I used:
-CBT nuggets, fun videos but you'll need a book for more info.
-I've read about 6-8 chapters of CCNA Sybex 6th edition, Todd Lammle,
-I seen some Train Signal Videos, Chris Bryant is a terrible instructor, he gives good information and has good labs, but has a terrible speaking voice and his lessons are very slow and boring/dry, not enough for me to pull the trigger on buying those
-lots of random youtube videos <--helps a lot with small issues.
-I have a home lab of 3 2621s, 2 2950, 1 2509as, 1 2620 I use for frame relay

...about 3 good months of study time off and on...if I had to put the ratio into hrs per week, I'd say 2-8hrs, any givin' week, I'm very random... so some days I went full boar and would just would be labing for 8hr-10hr straight, some days I won't do anything... random

Comments

• alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!icon_cheers.gif

Good luck with icnd2
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    Congrats! :D

What did you score if you don't mind my asking?
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Congrats on the pass!
  • johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SdotLow wrote: »
    Congrats! :D

What did you score if you don't mind my asking?

like I said, I'm incredibly paranoid with breaking the NDA, (after getting a few letters from the MPAA you would be too),but I'll mention 2 random athletes that means absolutely nothing icon_wink.gif, Steve Young and Wayne Gretzky...pretty decent, no ?
  • MierdinMierdin Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! icon_wink.gif
    "We gain complexity by linking together. To be isolated within a single platform is to be reduced. We see less. Understand less. It is quieter.” -Legion

Current Focus: CCIE R/S
    Blog -- Keeping It Classless
  • wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Congrats! Good work!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
    thanks everyone! probably gonna sit for ICND2 on Sept 1st.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    johnnyarks wrote: »
    like I said, I'm incredibly paranoid with breaking the NDA, (after getting a few letters from the MPAA you would be too),but I'll mention 2 random athletes that means absolutely nothing icon_wink.gif, Steve Young and Wayne Gretzky...pretty decent, no ?

LOL.

Did you take any practice tests, like out of any of the books? And was the exam harder?

And if not, did you think the exam was very hard?
  • melcredomelcredo Banned Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats sir.

... did the test include Qos? thanks in advance
    melcredo wrote: »
    congrats sir.

... did the test include Qos? thanks in advance

He wouldn't be able to answer that if it did.

But no, QoS is not a part of ICND1.
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Congrats man. Im studying for CCENT right now. Hopefully going to sit in for it soon
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Congrats Johnny,i wish you best of luck for your coming icnd2
  • melcredomelcredo Banned Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    He wouldn't be able to answer that if it did.

But no, QoS is not a part of ICND1.

thanks so much sir for the reply... im quite lost with the ccent/ccna wendel odom book... i really cant identify which is which to study..... but with the lammle its clear what chapters to study for the ccent...
    LOL.

Did you take any practice tests, like out of any of the books? And was the exam harder?

And if not, did you think the exam was very hard?

Yea the questions after each chapter in Tom Lammle book are decent enough, Chris Bryant CCNA exam questions are ok too, thing I bought on the interwebs, was like $25 or somethin' the exam was not hard, but I was nervous, but in retrospect when I look at my score, and how I felt about the test when I got to the last question, I knew I passed,

honestly I was more stressed when I took the Network+ icon_lol.gif, I came in reading everyone's war stories, failing 2-3 times, and I started freaking out... passing score was lower then anticipated..so that boosted my confidence a bit... but getting it on my first try makes me think I can crush ICND2, learning the basics really, really, makes the later stuff easier to grasp, i.e., like if you don't really understand how static/default routes work, then you might have difficulty understanding OSPF and EIGRP... just as an example.
    don't worry about QoS till later... like maybe CCNA:VOICE =D
  • rickinyorkshirerickinyorkshire Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice one dude. Always good to hear about people passing and there experience of the Exam. Mine is on the 29th. :D
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and good luck with upcoming test. Also, thanks for the listing of what you used to study, it is very helpful for all!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • descender421descender421 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! I sit this coming Saturday, getting kinda nervous but I did that with Network+ and Security+ as well and did fine on those. Cisco seems a whole other ballpark though. We'll see come Saturday.
  • asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Goodluck with ICND2!