Options

BGP + MPLS Exam vs 2 separate tests.

2»

Comments

• Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Well it doesn't look like I am going to make it to testing center tomorrow.. and sadly Monday/Tuesday are usually my busiest days in the office.. So we will see whenever I make it to testing center...

I might just start jumping into QoS... not sure.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Well, considering I worked 16 hours straight and lost my weekend... Not to mention my surprise trip to Orlando (Where I still am).. We will see if I can get this exam tomorrow. I've been given the green light to disappear for a few hours this week.. So I haven't jumped into QoS just yet.
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Good luck and let us know how it goes. I'm hoping to take the composite in 3wks
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    Still haven't made it to the testing center yet... I was hoping to run there today but got pulled away into an outage.. but it worked out for the best because I dig through this network to figure where BGP wasn't configured! icon_smile.gif

Maybe tomorrow.. or Wednesday, my calendar for Wednesday is clear but I'll be the only engineer in that day so maybe not....

In the meantime I'm up to module 3 in INE's QoS course.. The first 2 modules were pretty much filler in my opinion, a very high-level overview of QoS. Along with MQC (Which is nothing new to me -ZBF's).
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    Passed!!

Had an opening around 3 this afternoon... and ran to the testing center!

Going through the exam I felt more then prepared. MPLS Fundamentals and BGP Design & Implementation I think were the most beneficial. That and the real world experience for those odd-ball basic/stupid questions icon_smile.gif

Now to tackle QoS and hopefully get my CCIP by the end of the year!! I want to ring in 2012 with my CCIP!
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats! QoS wasn't bad at all so I know you'll have no problem acing it.

Did you end up reading the entire MPLS Fundamentals? There are a few sections I'm thinking of skipping since its either dated material or redundant from previous studies/experience.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

I actually read the entire MPLS Fundamentals book. I spent extra time around the LDP section to understand the fundamentals of the labels, and also around the MPLS VPN/Traffic engineering sections. A Co-Worker of mine also had the MPLS & VPN Architectures Volume I which I briefly skimmed through, but MPLS Fundamentals should be sufficient enough.
    My Networking blog