Options

Pick my resume apart..

AndroidFanAndroidFan Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
What there is of it, at least. If you can! I suppose I'm doing alright for being 20, as most people my age don't have 4 years of solid Helpdesk/IT support experience.

But - I'm ready to move out of Helpdesk/Desktop support and into a networking capacity of some sort. Even in any kind of entry-level Jr networking/NOC role, I would be thrilled with the experience. In my eyes, that would be worth more than the money at this point. Just looking for enough to eat, make a monthly car payment, and buy more Cisco books/lab gear.

Forgot to mention, I should pass ICND2 and have my full CCNA in a month and will probably pursue CCNA:Voice and Sec by the end of the year.

genericresumefall11jpeg.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kingslayerkingslayer Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Shape your resume towards the role you want. Remove any dead wood which is not relevant to the role you are pursuing, less is more. All that stuff about projectors, do you want to work with projectors in your next role? If not, then take it out.

I have done this with my own resume, I want a SQL role so I kept only things that were relevant to that. My resume went from 2 pages to 1, so theres less stuff but its laser focused towards the role I want.

And its proving to be very effective so far, 10 applications 3 interviews lined up next week.

Also remove the Adobe/Google Apps stuff, that's fluff (no offence). Ive never seen a networking job ad that asks for Photoshop.

Put all the CompTIA certs as 1 group so list it as CompTIA A+,Network+,Security+

Do you have exp with Windows Server?
    2011 Goals: 70-433 | 70-432