Options

How different between the previous A+ version & the curr

newbie12newbie12 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all, I got a study guide of the previous version of A+ exam (2001), I dont know how different compare it to the current one. Plz advice. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    I would check the objectives with CompTIA...but to be honest i would get an up to date study guide.

Use Mike Myers A+ study guide, his books are very good :D
  • Options
    ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    agree with robson.

the 2001 objective book may be enough to help you pass the test.. on the other hand...you may get a ton of stuff on the 2003 that was not in the 2000 objectives, along with questions on things like pentium 4s and such..

i have a co worker however that just took the 2003s and used my 2001 books and he did alright -670ish range....but i would suggest getting updated books too....

the mike myers passport is a EXCELLENT book.
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering
  • Options
    RIrelandRIreland Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    newbie12 wrote:
    Hi all, I got a study guide of the previous version of A+ exam (2001), I dont know how different compare it to the current one. Plz advice. Thanks

I have different study guides for the A+ Core & OS exam and I have found that most of them were about the same. When I took the OS exam, I had questions about DOS, 2000, and XP. I had a friend of mine take the OS exam today and he said that he had a lot of NT questions. He didn't pass it, but he had an extra voucher just in case. He missed it by 3 points. I used Exam Cram, a PDF file that a friend had, and my practice exam CD when I was taking my A+ Preparation class. I am now working on getting my CCNA.
    The Full-Time Student