Options

Don Poulton 70-680 Book - Practice Test Query

Recently bought the the above book from previous recommendations and thank those who suggested it, very good book.

Regarding the practice test at the end of the book:
It has 120 questions.

Is this test meant to be taken as a 120 question exam or just use it for practising?
The test engine (on the CD) appears to present it as an 120 question test.

Just seems a lot of questions compared to a real exam of 40 to 55 questions.

Any thoughts please?

Comments

• Options
    phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any tests like this I just use for practicing to let me know where I am weak so I can focus on those areas. 120 questions might be a bit much at a single sitting, but it will expose you to a lot of concepts (and possibly re-expose with different wording).
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The more questions the better. Is there an option to filter what exam objectives are covered or number of questions you can take? The MS books practice exams allow for this.
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    thanks for the replies.

The full test is 120 questions but in study mode you can choose how many questions you want.
  • Options
    nelsondunelsondu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How does the CD test compare to the real 70-680 cert test? How high do you need to be scoring on the CD test before you're ready for the 70-680?
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    nelsondu wrote: »
    How does the CD test compare to the real 70-680 cert test? How high do you need to be scoring on the CD test before you're ready for the 70-680?

I've not had a go at the CD test yet, still reading the above book plus the Darrill Gibson book at present. Although usually in these CD tests you need to aim for 80-90% which aims to get you over the 70% microsoft pass mark.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good to hear! I bought this book for use on the 70-682 based on a good rating on Amazon. It should be arriving today.

It sounds like the test mode should have been split into 2 60 question tests of maybe even 3 40 question tests. I wouldn't be concerned, I never usually have enough time to make it out of study mode anyway. When I use transcender I like to pick 10 questions at random. This is enough questions so that I get some meaning out of it, but not so many that by the time I get to the end I have forgotten the logic that I used. If I was to take 120 questions straight, when I went back to review I'd be so fried that it wouldn't make sense. If you aren't learning from your mistakes then you wasted your money on the questions. 10 questions also makes a nice easy calculation on percentage.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    The more practice the better!

I'd take 40-50 of them and see how you're doing. If they show that you need more studying then go do that and come back to some fresh questions.