Options

ASA and PTP IPSec VPN

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
I have a friend with a client that has an ASA and he would like a suggestion for a SMALL BUSINESS system he could place at the other end for a PTP VPN between two facilities. The second site only has like 3 client PCs. What do you guys suggest?

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So openvpn didn't work out for him?
    Wait this must be for someone else since you said point to point.

He could put a pfsense box. I have used them before sucessfully (in a SMB) environment. Purchase a cheap appliance and for about $200 he could have a decent setup.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I have a friend with a client that has an ASA and he would like a suggestion for a SMALL BUSINESS system he could place at the other end for a PTP VPN between two facilities. The second site only has like 3 client PCs. What do you guys suggest?

Get another ASA. The 5505 should be fine. Don't try to hack together a solution, spend some money and do it right.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    So openvpn didn't work out for him?
    Wait this must be for someone else since you said point to point.

He could put a pfsense box. I have used them before sucessfully (in a SMB) environment. Purchase a cheap appliance and for about $200 he could have a decent setup.

Same guy. It is a PTP, I may have been misinformed when were were discussing it last week.

Thank you both. I have sent along the suggestions. I think he should just get another ASA as well. But it's all about what the customer is willing to spend.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do they use ADSL ? Some routers support that too .. like Drayteks ....
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p