Options

Summer Sale at BryantAdvantage?

lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
Dear all,

I just noted that the CCNP material is on sale discounted on TheBryantAdvantage.

Apparently Chris is now selling the whole CCNP library for $291 (Videos + Ebooks). Do you think this is a bargain? Has anyone bought Chris' CCNP material and give some feedback on the quality? Thanks!

Regards,
Lordy
Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
Goal for 2014: RHCA
Goal for 2015: CCDP

Comments

• Options
    advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Coming from a co-worker of mine, it's very worth it. He actually sent him (for the CCNP route) a full read-along/note book that was personally signed with a note. Alot of people can't take the monotone voice of Chris Bryant, but I find his geeky jokes humorous and his information plentiful. I tend to watch his videos before jeremy cioara only because to learn the information the first time around and get more in depth information - seems to be delivered better by Chris. Jeremy is very dynamic which makes learning the information the second time around enjoyable as well.

My buddy did pass the CCNP route, he took two weeks worth of time to study up for it.
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • Options
    mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    advanex1 wrote: »
    Coming from a co-worker of mine, it's very worth it. He actually sent him (for the CCNP route) a full read-along/note book that was personally signed with a note. Alot of people can't take the monotone voice of Chris Bryant, but I find his geeky jokes humorous and his information plentiful. I tend to watch his videos before jeremy cioara only because to learn the information the first time around and get more in depth information - seems to be delivered better by Chris. Jeremy is very dynamic which makes learning the information the second time around enjoyable as well.

My buddy did pass the CCNP route, he took two weeks worth of time to study up for it.

lol. so true. i love chris's humorous jokes. I think he is a very funny guy and do enjoy watching his vids more than jeremys. I think its because i have a similar sense of humor to him. I will definitely think about purchasing this

• Options
    CCNP11CCNP11 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the CCNA combined test, CCNA Security, and all three CCNP tests using Chris' materials almost exclusively. What else is there to say? :)
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I've used Chris Bryant's materials for everything from CCENT to CCNP Switch. (and currently using it for CCNP Route) I think his materials cover everything very well. He is always willing to answer questions via email if you get stuck on something.

When it first came out, I think the CCNP Switch alone cost me $197, so it sounds like a bargain.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i agree, the materials are a good additional resource. He kinda cuts out the waffle and gets the important facts down, which is great compared to some off the waffle that is on offer for this track!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    Chris has some high quality stuff, but his voice is so slow and uninteresting.

I read this from another member here at tech exams, and his advice is to speed up the video to 1.5x play speed. It makes it so much more watchable.
  • Options
    certnerdcertnerd Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All this home study is ok, but I found the Cisco Network Academy program run through schools and colleges was the best way to prepare. With the program you get an instructor led course but at a slower pace (mine was 15 weeks per exam - 3.5 hrs a week in class). I just don't have the will power, but with an instructor on your case, you have to do it!

If you are in the UK then there aren't many that do CCNP, but I'm lucky as I live close to Leeds and they have one at Leeds College of Technology.

www.networkacademy.co.uk

I collected loads of study aids, just didn't do much actual study!!