Options

Passed 70-642!

rjs_essexrjs_essex Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed the 70-642 this morning with a score of 880 :)

Next up is the 70-640 for September!

Richard
WIP: 70-417, Security+, Project+, CCNA

Comments

• Options
    VokseVokse Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

What was your study material?
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass -- what study material did you use?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    etbjr182etbjr182 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats!!icon_cheers.gif
    Currently studying for 70-640 :study:
  • Options
    andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Congrats on the pass
  • Options
    Vokse wrote: »
    What was your study material?

I used a combination of the Microsoft Press Book (Latest R2 Edition), with practice questions, technet and I am an IT Manager supporting a network of 500 computers, 14 servers and over 1500 users so a nice production environment to keep up to speed :)
  • Options
    LAN_GuruLAN_Guru Member Posts: 119
    rjs_essex wrote: »
    Passed the 70-642 this morning with a score of 880 :)

Next up is the 70-640 for September!

Richard

Congrats! 880 is what I scored on 70-642.

Experience makes a HUGE difference on these exams doesn't it?

By the way, don't let 70-640 catch you with your pants down. It almost got me. I've been working with AD since AD was first incorporated into Windows servers and have been working with network directories since Novell first rolled out NDS into NetWare but I didn't put enough prep time into the 70-640 book. In fact, I all but skipped the last 3 chapters, just ran out of time...should have rescheduled the exam. And then close to 1/3 of my exam was from those last 3 chapters...hence my 740 score.

Pay close attention to those last 3 chapters (150ish pages) and command line stuff...
    9/1 - Citrix A18 :study:
    9/20 - Citrix A19, 10/4 - Citrix A24, 10/18 - Citrix A08, 11/1 - Citrix A15, 11/17 - Cisco 640-802, 12/1 - Cisco 642-813, 12/15 - Cisco 642-902, 12/30 - Cisco 642-832
  • Options
    LAN_Guru wrote: »
    Congrats! 880 is what I scored on 70-642.

Experience makes a HUGE difference on these exams doesn't it?

By the way, don't let 70-640 catch you with your pants down. It almost got me. I've been working with AD since AD was first incorporated into Windows servers and have been working with network directories since Novell first rolled out NDS into NetWare but I didn't put enough prep time into the 70-640 book. In fact, I all but skipped the last 3 chapters, just ran out of time...should have rescheduled the exam. And then close to 1/3 of my exam was from those last 3 chapters...hence my 740 score.

Pay close attention to those last 3 chapters (150ish pages) and command line stuff...

Experience certainly does help! Having control of a large production environment certainly helps too! (Providing you are not careless of course!)

The 640 MS Press book is a mean looking 1000 page+ behemoth so I need to get my head stuck into it!
  • Options
    sherrillsherrill Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LAN_Guru wrote: »

Seconded. A lot of certificate and federated services knowledge is essential, plus know your power shell switches, at least enough to make the educated guess if you need.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63