Cert exams demo and boson ex sim max

MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,
I've been studying towards the ccent for a few months now and only in the last month have i pushed myself harder. I've not completed the cisco press book and am stuck on the first page of chapter 14 as it starts getting really complicated for me.Routing and all that stuff. I'm not very bright and failed computer science when i was in school.I got an E at A level but this was some 15 years ago now. In fact i found i have to work at least twice as hard at things unlike most people who are just naturally clever. The ccent has been a really big struggle for me and i'm doing 4 hours of study a day.Took me a week to grasp subnetting after some 3 hours per day.

I got curious and thought i'd try exam B from the boson ex sim max package. 65 questions. I scored 76% but i just finished the exam with some 10 seconds to go.Phew.
I then tried a 40 question demo by cert exams and although i found the format a bit strange i scored 790. The passing score was 650 out of a max of 1000. I dont think this was a good exam as it seemed less involved than the boson one. Plus i think cisco give you 55-65 questions and about 15 simulation questions?

just want to know if the boson exam should be trusted more than the cert exams one? and does anyone know if i have to learn hex to binary conversions? there doesnt appear to be any mention of it in my wendell odom icnd1 book and no mention on trainsignal or cbt nugget vids either.
I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.

Comments

• SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    Exsim-Max is supposed to be a bit tougher than the actual Cisco exam. The Cisco CCENT exam is 40-50 questions with 90 minutes for time. No idea how many Sim questions, probably a few. I doubt 15. Passing for ICND1 exam is 80-85%, no one can confirm because it's covered under the NDA.

No idea how the other exams are. If you can pass the Exsim-max test you get a guarantee to pass or your money back.