Best way to study?

magic19magic19 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm starting to study for the Network+ test. I have a hard time studying, can anyone share their study methods?

Comments

• Doomsday JDoomsday J Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the technotes from this site, a study guide from MCMCSE.com, and a couple of school books. I read over anything that I needed refreshing on, memorized my well known ports, and took practice test after practice test.

Take a few practice tests, keep track of what questions you are missing and study extra on those areas.

Good Lcuk!
    If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi and welcome,

I suggest reading some of the many previous topics in this forum, I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful advice. Don't hesitate to post any new questions though...
  • princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Magic19, you are welcome to this site. it has been positive step for me been on the site, as i have learnt quite a lot in various IT certifications i intend to pursue. Same can apply to you.

TIPS:
    -Read your books
    -Special study guide from this site
    -with some practical/hand-on will sure get you through.
    Knowledge is life
  • 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    im in the same boat, i have a hard time studying. But for me i work best with diagrams showing how things work, best advice i would give is read Mike Myers Network+ book and get CBT Nuggets Network+ cd`s, helped me no end...

if you stuck on something, read it over and over, and then one day "bing" it will click how it works ect :)
  • qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I'm currently studying aswell, doing my test on Thursday.

Somethings that helped me on my way.

APST & NDP - Think of it as two acronyms. Now you got yourself the OSI model. I find this much easier then thinking "DONT THROW SASSUAGES OUT THE WINDOW" or whatever that saying is I keep seeing.

As for learning, read chapters one by one, do the end of chapters question, where you do bad on, go back and read some more. Don't **** yourself. Don't try to remember the answer. Understand the answer. After your done reading the whole book, go through the questions again. Whatever you have trouble on or get wrong, go back and read again.

You come across things like Windows XP/NetWare utilities which suck so bad. I wanna kill myself when I try to read that stuff. I don't mind the rest.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    The two saying are:-

Top to bottom -

All People Seam To Need Data Processing

or

Please Do Not Throw Sausage Pizza Away

icon_cool.gif