SA vs EA?

Mind_SculptorMind_Sculptor Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am planning to get my Enterprise Administrator for sure, is there a reason I would want Sever Administrator as well?

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    No. It's just another line on the resume, more padding than anything else. Some folks wouldnt mind having another cert, but personally I'd channel my time and energy into something that'll give me more ROI.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Only reason I got SA after finishing EA was to use a free voucher that was about to expire.
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Only reason I got SA after finishing EA was to use a free voucher that was about to expire.

A perfectly valid reason to get an extra cert. I wish I had a free voucher too.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Mind_SculptorMind_Sculptor Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good point guys! I definitely won't get my SA if I am already a EA.

I was planning to be a SA first and then work my way to EA. Do you guys suggest I just skip SA all together and just go straight for EA?
    Go for the prize! Maybe later you can come back to the SA, if you have a free voucher or something. Thing is if you pass the EA comfortably, you can just go and sit the SA the next day and pass it. Although the SA is a planning exam, it's basically a subset of the EA.

EA all the way! Good luck.

EDIT: Oh, ensure you lab the material as much as you can. The 643 and 647 are beasts that are not to be taken lightly. Read TechNet, lab, Read TechNet, lab. Repeat till you know the concepts.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I want to get both. I'm basically doing all of the work anyway, why not get the extra line?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    im going the EA route but will test for SA as well because hr people look at the word server more than the word enterprise
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Mind_SculptorMind_Sculptor Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    im going the EA route but will test for SA as well because hr people look at the word server more than the word enterprise

I was thinking about that too.... IT Manager would see Enterprise Admin more valuable. But recruiters/headhunters/hr would think Server Admin is on par with Enterprise Admin. Plus it's easier/faster to get. Really considering getting SA.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was thinking about that too.... IT Manager would see Enterprise Admin more valuable. But recruiters/headhunters/hr would think Server Admin is on par with Enterprise Admin. Plus it's easier/faster to get. Really considering getting SA.

Kind of an appetizer type thing while you finish the big dog. I also think it shows that you are looking for knowledge and not just going for the paper. If I was an interviewer I'd probably ask someone why they don't have SA, just to hear their logic behind it.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    im doing it more for the hr department aspect to get the interview
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers: