Options

A+

TehFlakesTehFlakes Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

My first post's on the forum been looking around the last week or so after i was shown this site by my freind.

My goal is to do my A+ by the end of august. I just finished school and we did a class on hardware. The book we used was hardware fundamentals A+ guide to hardware ,managing,maintaining, and troubleshoooting Third Edition, I got a B in that class. I was going to go out and get the mike meyers book that i hear all you swearing by. My question is should i invest in this book?and if yes is anyone wanna sell me their copy?
And if someone could point in the direction of prep questions i've done the ones on this site anddone well.

Thanks for help in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would reccomend Mike Myers All-In-One guide, as I used it. You already took a class, so that should compliment what you've learned well. As far as selling you a copy, you don't want my outdated edition. You can find more info on the book, and maybe a couple used, here.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    yeah i just came back from chapter's and the book is around $100 canadian more then i can afford currently thats why i was wondering if anyone was selling the 5th edition.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Damn exchange rates!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    TehFlakes wrote:
    yeah i just came back from chapter's and the book is around $100 Canadian more then i can afford currently thats why i was wondering if anyone was selling the 5th edition.

Well, the book is worth it!

Otherwise, follow objectives from Comptia and develop your own sources from web searches. That will be the least expensive $$$-wise and offer you the best amount of information.

If you were to attend a University or a tech school, you would pay that and then some...so for self training, a simple book (IMO) always wins out.

Few less CD's, DVD's and movies. Eat more Mac & Cheese (if in Canada too) and Ramen noodles. :D

Anything that helps keep me current in the industry I work in, I do not feel is poor investment. Training material I always regard high. In the US if your employer doesn't reimburse you may be able to deduct it (or part) on your taxes. Not certain how Canada works, but it will set you on track to being more 'valuable'.

Get the book if you want it. It likely won't be available 'used' in large quantities until it is too old. Though you may get lucky.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    FlakesFlakes Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i just picked up the 5 edition online at http://www.chapters.ca for
    $69 canadian should be here in 2-3 days woot!!!.
  • Options
    Book Came today! but i wasnt home to sign for the parcel icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

i should have it monday
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Are you and "flakes" the same person?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options