Options

CCENT - done. ICND2 next month.

advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
Well, took my CCENT here in Iraq - 912/1000.

Alot easier than I thought it would be. I missed some simple questions and 5 questions after I answered them I realized it and slapped myself in the head.

I think the CCENT is overhyped. Don't get me wrong, you have to know your stuff in order to pass cisco exams and I spent a decent amount of time studying (2.5 weeks), but I think it could have been done in less.

At any rate, the materials I used were:

ICND1 - Wendell Odom
CBT Nuggets
Train Signal
Boson (the one that came with the Odom book)
Packet Tracer

Glad to join the Cisco family, hope to join the club one step up next month.
Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog

Comments

• Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats. icon_cheers.gif I know how you feel when you said the CCENT is overhyped. Hey buddy, we still need to work on your PT pinging issue. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

CONGRATZ advanex1!!!! icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    Hey, thanks hidden and Mr.Ryte. You're right. I sent the files to my civilian email and like a dummy, instead of attaching the photos that I had I tried to save them in the word document and send them that way... that didn't work. I have to re-add my computer at work to the network tomorrow, I'm going to take the screenshots again and send them to myself again. Thanks for reminding me!
  • Options
    advanex1 wrote: »
    Hey, thanks hidden and Mr.Ryte. You're right. I sent the files to my civilian email and like a dummy, instead of attaching the photos that I had I tried to save them in the word document and send them that way... that didn't work. I have to re-add my computer at work to the network tomorrow, I'm going to take the screenshots again and send them to myself again. Thanks for reminding me!

Why didn't you just attach the PT file with the .pkt extension? The file is pretty light, even if you have multiple routers/switches with multiple configurations. It will hardly go over 2MB.
  • Options
    Why didn't you just attach the PT file with the .pkt extension? The file is pretty light, even if you have multiple routers/switches with multiple configurations. It will hardly go over 2MB.

Agreed! Hindsight eh? Sometimes I don't fire on all cylinders I guess. I guess I was so caught up in explaining and drawing it out - hah, it was actually pretty informative. Anyways, to be continued!
  • Options
    CaySpekkoCaySpekko Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    advanex1 wrote: »
    I think the CCENT is overhyped. Don't get me wrong, you have to know your stuff in order to pass cisco exams and I spent a decent amount of time studying (2.5 weeks), but I think it could have been done in less.

Hey I agree with that too! I felt that CCENT was pretty easy, however, I feel the ICND2 test makes up for it quite a bit, that one is much harder, and has a bigger time crunch!

First time I took ICND2 I was expecting it to be just as easy with plenty of time, but I barely failed because I ran out of time! 2nd time around though passed with 10 minutes to spare, yay!

Anyway, congrats and don't underestimate the ICND2!
  • Options
    asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

What type of questions you got in CCENT?
  • Options
    andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Congrats man,good job
  • Options
    asoft wrote: »
    Congrats!

What type of questions you got in CCENT?

I will tell you what questions I had on my CCENT. You need to know the relationship between Fred and Barney.

Ha, if anyone gets the Odom's book reference then icon_thumright.gif. We can't give you that information since that will be a violation of NDA. So, you are better off working on the domains/objectives listed in the blueprint and see where you are weak at.

EDIT: I just realized you got a CCNP. No offense, dude, but you have a CCNP. You really got some nerves to ask. You should have know better already.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for posting the study material!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD