Options

John Doe, CISSP

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
Saw a guy at a training session write down his name as "John Doe, CISSP" on a table tent. Everyone else went with Joe, Sue, etc with no last name or designation. I am not sure what to think of it. This is similar to the "add cert title as part of signature" thread. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Email, Linkedin, Business card, ect I'm fine with.

Seems a bit excessive on a "hello my name is..." tag.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Email, Linkedin, Business card, ect I'm fine with.

Seems a bit excessive on a "hello my name is..." tag.

I LOL'd a bit at this. I may have to fight urges to punch someone in the face if they tried to talk to me wearing a name tag like that, lol.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sounds like the kind of person that craves attention to me.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    lol, one of the favorite jokes at my last job was making fun of the CISSP.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    SephStorm wrote: »
    lol, one of the favorite jokes at my last job was making fun of the CISSP.

*ouch* that hurt

<----

But, I guess it's kinda true. We have some CISSP's at work, and I wonder how they turned their computer on that morning.

I'm with the guy who thinks it's appropriate on a resume or a Linked In page, but it would seem out of place on a "hello my name is ..." LOL.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    instant000 wrote: »
    *ouch* that hurt

<----

But, I guess it's kinda true. We have some CISSP's at work, and I wonder how they turned their computer on that morning.

I'm with the guy who thinks it's appropriate on a resume or a Linked In page, but it would seem out of place on a "hello my name is ..." LOL.

I respect it for the dedication, but not necessarily for the content.

Sounds like this fellow is just a tad proud of himself. Reminds me of this:

Dilbert Comic
  • Options
    grauwulfgrauwulf Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Story Time:
    Many years ago I was working a booth at a tech conference. Being the geek in residence I was standing back by the computers to answer tech questions. This guy wanders over and asks 'so how does it work?' in a rather snooty tone. I start to tell him the high level overview (I'm standing in a booth I'm not going to go into why I chose to use a flyweight pattern ranter than a factory for a particular module) After about two sentences the guy interrupts me "Spare me the bs _I"M_ an EM-SEE-ESS-EE (MCSE)". My boss' spider sense must have gone off because be made a direct intercept line, but he was too late. "Really?" I replied. "What a coincidence! My mom thinks I'm quite handsome too! I guess we're both special!" My boss stopped dead in his tracks, knowing the damage was done. "You let your employees talk to customers like this!?!" the indigence poured out. Boss took a deep breath "He's the long haired skinny geek in all black. You're an MCSE. You should have known what you were getting in to. Is there anything I can help you with?" Of course by the time "is there" left his mouth the guy was already stomping off.

*sigh* I liked that job icon_razz.gif
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    grauwulf wrote: »
    Story Time:
    Many years ago I was working a booth at a tech conference. Being the geek in residence I was standing back by the computers to answer tech questions. This guy wanders over and asks 'so how does it work?' in a rather snooty tone. I start to tell him the high level overview (I'm standing in a booth I'm not going to go into why I chose to use a flyweight pattern ranter than a factory for a particular module) After about two sentences the guy interrupts me "Spare me the bs _I"M_ an EM-SEE-ESS-EE (MCSE)". My boss' spider sense must have gone off because be made a direct intercept line, but he was too late. "Really?" I replied. "What a coincidence! My mom thinks I'm quite handsome too! I guess we're both special!" My boss stopped dead in his tracks, knowing the damage was done. "You let your employees talk to customers like this!?!" the indigence poured out. Boss took a deep breath "He's the long haired skinny geek in all black. You're an MCSE. You should have known what you were getting in to. Is there anything I can help you with?" Of course by the time "is there" left his mouth the guy was already stomping off.

It's lucky that I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    grauwulf wrote: »
    Story Time:

hahaha icon_cheers.gif Nice!
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens