Options

GNS3 question

Aman_sainiAman_saini Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is anybody know in GNS3 what QEMU is used for?
and how to connect GNS3 with external software so that i can perform DOS attack, cdp flooding etc.icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Qemu is a processor emulator - in GNS 3 it can be used to emulate unix/Linux hosts, pix/Asa firewalls and juniper 'olive' devices and maybe some others.
    If you want some real traffic on your gns3 network then you can use a cloud interface to connect it to the real world or to VM nodes. Beware though, the throughput of dynamips emulated devices is nothing like real hardware so don't go trying to use it as your main internet firewall or anything!!
    All the documentation you need can usually be found on the gns3 website. Enjoy playing, I love it!
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    thanx for your but i still want to know is this possible to attack network in gns3 with dos attacks etc
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Aman_saini wrote: »
    thanx for your but i still want to know is this possible to attack network in gns3 with dos attacks etc

Have you tried it?
  • Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    As I said previously, you van put real traffic into GNS using a cloud interface. The emulated hardware in gns3 will respond to a DOS attack in prettying the same way as real hardware.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    hmm ok thanx i m dying to try it