Options

70-680 Incoming

zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
In a boot camp as I type this prepping for 70-680 (my company pays for it so why not). Started yesterday at 5pm and went until 9pm, today we will go from 9am to 3 or 4 pm. Tomorrow I come in at 9 to take the test. I have not done any outside prep aside from using and supporting Win 7 since it released so let's hope this is enough. Wish me luck :D
Transferred
LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
Finished
EWB2
WFV1 CLC1MGC1

Comments

• Options
    universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    let us know how it goes. I am planning on taking that cert in late september (already got the book, but have inlaws coming in next week and won't be able to study for at least 2 weeks.
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Make sure you look over the exam objectives. Some of the boot camps are brain **** in disguise, with the instructors giving you the actual questions - I am not saying that your boot camp is, though. You can verify the materials used against Certguard to make sure.
  • Options
    MokilokMokilok Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I would check the exam objectives.

You need to know things like basic subnetting, encryption and technologies that allow windows 7 to interact with Windows Server 2008 R2. You may not be aware of from simply supporting Windows. I use Windows 7 and I definately needed a little extra study to pass.

Still, Best of luck and I hope you pass.
  • Options
    zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed with a 940/1000. The boot camp in question is done by a guy that that has 3 lines worth of certs in his signature block. He takes the exam objectives and goes over each one explaining what is it and how it works, and does it all in 2 days. Anyway MCTS done, Network+ coming up next weekend.
    Transferred
    LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals: