Options

Preplogic get off my junk jeez

YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
Some how I became so lucky to get in contact with prep logic. It all started when my phone was stolen..I bought a new and decided to get a new number as well. This is when HELL started. Within 20 minutes of having my phone, I had a call? I was like wtf, who knows my number already..is it the crazy ex whos been talking me, damn shes good.

"Hello, this yuckthefankees" Them: "Hi this is [someone] from Preplogic, your bill is overdue and you never answer your phone, we want out money"...say whaaat. I explained to her that I just received this new number and I have no idea what she is talking about. So she hangs up and calls back with a private number.."hello this is YTFs?", "hi this [someone]from preplogic, you payment is due"...wtf woman I just talked to you and explained this isnt my bill. Then she starts to say how she didnt believe me but she would hang up and let me think about "if I wanted to pay by the end of the week or making the payments every month"..wtf?..im beginning to think they take acid over there.

Now I get 2-3 calls a day from this company, sometimes they will call from their actually number and then they will all with a private #. Then I have other people calling besides [someone], I had a voicemail the other day where it was a different person then [someone]and she made the voicemail sound like one of my friends or family members were hurt and I should call them as soon as possible so I could get more info...but then I heard the call back number was area code 813...pssh preplogic again. I dont know what to do, Ive talked to sup's and told them the story and they still keep calling.

And now they have sales people calling me as well, to buy stuff from them. If they thought my number was from someone who hasnt paid them, why would they call me to buy more products..wtf I dont get this company.

Im sorry I had to vent, this has been going on for 4-5 months, I dont want to change my number but I might have to because of this crazy company. I googled this same problem, and seems like there are a lot of other people going through the same thing.

*** After getting the calls, I did look in the Preplogic products and tried them..they are pretty good but the customer service and business model, def ruins anything good about them***

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Why have you put up with that aggravation for so long? It was a new number, so call your cellular provider, explain the problem, and get another new number.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Why have you put up with that aggravation for so long? It was a new number, so call your cellular provider, explain the problem, and get another new number.

Agreed. I've been having the same problem lately:

First Number: Some guy who owed money to several companies.

Second Number: Some owner of a cruise line who must have been a creep, because I have angry people calling asking why I'm charging their Master Card, etc.

It may be time for me to change my number again :)
  • Options
    JD believe me Ive thought about getting a new number, but there is alto of stress changing your number. Re-giving the number to family members, friends, and also the jobs I applied for with this number.

I wish verizon had a feature to block numbers. =/
  • Options
    ComputadoraComputadora Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I recommend "Do Not Disturb" app for Verizon.

Do Not Disturb App Helps Verizon Customers Block Unwanted Calls

I actually use it and I can say for the small fee for downloading it to your phone it is great. Combine this with a second free number from Google voice and you wont have any problems.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Dude, just pay the damn Preplogic bill. You enjoyed all that Win 3.11 training and now want to go the easy route by ignoring their calls? Come on! LOL!!!!

Seriously, that sucks.
  • Options
    lol yeah right, I almost want to pay the girls bill just so they leave me alone.

Honestly this company is RUTHLESS, theyve called twice today lol
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That does suck. I hope you get that cleared up soon!
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    They are ruthless! I ordered a bunch of their $1 study guides and they called 3 to 4 times a week for a month. Right to voicemail for you icon_razz.gif
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I'm not a fan of that company. They stiffed me on some tech editing I did for them. I'll never deal with Preplogic again.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JD believe me Ive thought about getting a new number, but there is alto of stress changing your number. Re-giving the number to family members, friends, and also the jobs I applied for with this number.

I wish verizon had a feature to block numbers. =/

Contrast the stress of dealing with the preplogic chick on a daily basis and you'll find it's better to change your number. A possible plus is that it would give you a reason to call the companies you applied for to let them know your number has changed, might score you a few points.
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank god I used my stateside phone number and didn't give them my tokyo number lol, they spam the **** out of my email though.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    It took me about 2 months to shake them.. Of course my relationship with them went downhill real fast and quick. Then I started marking their daily emails as spam..
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Try the following if you are getting unwanted emails from PL:
    PrepLogic suppression list

As for the OP, try mailing the abuse address listed on the page above to get your phone number out of their system. Or, as someone from PL posted last year in response to a complaint last year:
    If you or any of the TECHEXAM members have a question or concern regarding PrepLogic or a PrepLogic purchase, I invite you to call me at my direct line and we will make every effort to answer your questions and address your concerns.

Mark N.
    Customer Care Manager
    813-321-6361
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I picked up a CD training set for Windows 2000 thinking it was cheap not noticing the fine print. Turned out to be $250. I didn't do business with PrepLogic again for a LONG time afterward.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    SamLea27SamLea27 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    FYI to the OP you can block calls on Verizon. I just found this out myself after calling Verizon about some harassing phone calls. You have to log into your account online-or create one I imagine if you don't have one already. In your account, right on the first page it brings you to, its under "Manage" I believe, either way, its the third one down and it says block phone numbers and you can enter up to 5 and they expire after 90 days. :D
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    lol yeah right, I almost want to pay the girls bill just so they leave me alone.

Honestly this company is RUTHLESS, theyve called twice today lol

I got a call a day at the same time and I didn't even owe them money. Somehow I gave them my number and despite talking to them once... I recevied a phone call (and voicemail from [someone]) every day at like 2:30. After a couple months they stopped only to start up again after awhile and then stop again.

Sirius is bad too, except they don't leave voicemails!

I agree with the others... just change numbers again. Shouldn't be stressful since family and such just got a new number. They don't have it memorized or anything.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    lochmoighlochmoigh Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Actually you can get hem to stop by stating that you no longer want to receive calls and they need to contact you by letter. The hassle is following up with a letor of your own stating that and then if they call again they are in violation of debt collection laws. In fact they are already in violation if they ask for someone by name and you tell them you are not them .
    Currently Reading:
    ICND2 Official Exam Guide
    Second Edition Wendell Odom
    CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802
    31 days Before your CCNA Allan Johnson
    Network Warrior: Everything you need to know that wasn't on the CCNA exam Gary A. Donahue

Looking for IT openings in East TN
  • Options
    ZentraediZentraedi Member Posts: 150
    Just tell them that "<insert-name>" is overseas and here is his number...

That'll stop the calls.
    Current Study Track
    EMCCA, EMCCAe, EMCCE, VCIX-NV, Puppet Practitioner, ServiceNow
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Have fun with em.

If it were me, I would make it incredibly painful for them whenever they called; including but not limited to: verbal abuse, telling them you will pay and asking them to hold - come back in 30 minutes to see if they are still waiting, ask them to hold and transfer them to their own billing department or main number, pretend to speak in Korean or Spanish, every time they call you demand they pay you for services rendered but never collected on - when asked to go in to detail explain that it has to do with coco butter and sheeps.
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    rsutton wrote: »
    Have fun with em.

Haha, gotta give you props for that. You could have asked if their refrigerators are running. I know this gets old icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    You should tell them that yes, said person is there and you will get them (or you will get a credit card to make payment, etc). Then set the phone down and just leave it there until they hang up. Keep doing that everytime they call. Keep checking to see how long it takes them to hang up lol. Don't mute it so they can "hear" you, so they know you didn't hang up on them.

Since they keep wasting your time, why not waste theirs?
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    crrussell3 wrote: »
    Since they keep wasting your time, why not waste theirs?

Only concern here is minutes. They will get the final laugh when you have a $600 phone bill!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Only concern here is minutes. They will get the final laugh when you have a $600 phone bill!

Depends on the cell phone provider. I get free incoming calls no matter if it is from another cell carrier or land line.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    So today I finally blocked them icon_cheers.gif. ALSO..they called when I was at work, so I answered it and just left it on my desk till they hung up. It seemed as if they called a lot more today because they realize I actually answered for once. haha dammit!

thank you everyone for the ideas!