Options

$99 HP Touchpad

Comments

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    to start with they shouldve made a $100 one with no camera/bluetooth/2gig storage to get people into the tech and want to upgrade it to the full featured one

hp probably never thought they would get this kinda response, i see alot more paid apps going to there app store maybe even a revival of the produce its self
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just got a cancellation email from B & N, I was really hopeful on that one. Here's hoping I placed my Onsale or Cost Central orders early enough. If not all I have left is HP and maybe ebay icon_sad.gif
    Transferred
    LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1
  • Options
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good news for WebOS
    HP Small and Medium Business Customers

We have received unprecedented orders as a result of the tremendous discount offered. This is clear confirmation to HP there is huge interest in building a webOS community. We apologize for any difficulty you may have had in ordering on the web or through the phone this weekend; it was as a result of selling out of our current inventory.

Your order has been captured and you should receive a confirmation over the next 48 hours.

Additionally, some of our customers may have experienced a pricing error while purchasing on August 20th and 21st. We are in the process of ensuring every order is honored at the discounted price and will send you confirmation via email.

Should you have any questions, we can be contacted at 1 800 888 5858 option 1: Though we are expecting significant call volumes with extended wait times over the next 48 hours, we ask for your patience and we are committed to our relationship with you and to delivering the best technology solutions for you and your business.

Sincerely,
    Your HP Small and Medium Business Team

Best news of the day for me!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    chances are if ya ordered from amazon you ordered from onSale so here is there facebook

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002792631622&sk=wall#!/profile.php?id=100002792631622
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    chances are if ya ordered from amazon you ordered from onSale so here is there facebook

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002792631622&sk=wall#!/profile.php?id=100002792631622

Yea, I did several days ago for $149(32 GB) and it was in stock. I got a confirmation email for the order. Today I got an email from Amazon saying the order was cancelled because the item is no longer in stock.

What a major rip off! I think they cancelled all the orders, so they could sell what they had at a higher price.icon_cry.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

yea i got that email as well

call hp and get on the mailing list for there last shipment
  • Options
    ITdude wrote: »
    What a major rip off! I think they cancelled all the orders, so they could sell what they had at a higher price.icon_cry.gif

Complain to Amazon. This happened to me with a book I bought last semester. They weren't able to get me the book any quicker, but the $20 credit was nice!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I will definitely say something to Amazon. I also was able to place an order directly on HP site for that price before it went crazy. I got an order confirmation email from them last night but no date for shipping.

They better not pull the same crap.icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

call hp and get on the mailing list for there last shipment

Anyone wanna play lets make a deal and buy we'll each try and buy 2?
  • Options
    BobbyDCBobbyDC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I finally got my cancellation email from onsale. icon_sad.gif They are being hammered in the reviews.

I'm on the mailing list for HP. Has anyone received anything yet?
  • Options
    BobbyDC wrote: »
    I finally got my cancellation email from onsale. icon_sad.gif They are being hammered in the reviews.

Real slimeballs. Like they don't keep track of their stock by computer when people are placing orders? I think they realized they could get more money with the increased demand and cancelled all the low priced orders.

AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Yay! My OnSale order finally shipped out :D

I'm really not sure if I'll use it or not but I figured I could always gift or resell it if I don't.
  • Options
    Thanks, make us feel even better...icon_sad.gif

If you want I'll buy it right now. :)
  • Options
    poriggityporiggity Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bad timing for my transmission to go out on my car... I was looking to buy a few and flip them, keeping one for myself...
    A+, 70-270, and working on 70-290 now. Certs are good.
    claymoore wrote:
    If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    At least you didn't pay $500 for the device. Early adopters are the only ones who get to complain ;)
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Tuesday it said out of stock but check back soon. Yesterday it said coming soon. Today HP's website is back to saying out of stock. I'm wondering if the last shipment came through over night. Did anyone else sign up for HP's notification and not get an email?
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    At least you didn't pay $500 for the device. Early adopters are the only ones who get to complain ;)
    Good point....now I don't feel so bad even though I didn't get one....icon_wink.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I hate to burst your bubble, but you might want to start looking for other tablets and start saving money. Heck, the more you wait, the cheaper the tablets will become eventually. On the bright side, you may be one of the first people to get a Windows 8 tablet by the time you're ready to buy one. :)

EDIT: I don't even have a tablet yet, but I have patience.
  • Options
    TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Tuesday it said out of stock but check back soon. Yesterday it said coming soon. Today HP's website is back to saying out of stock. I'm wondering if the last shipment came through over night. Did anyone else sign up for HP's notification and not get an email?

No, they didn't go live. Rumor has it they won't get any till Monday or Tues. I've been following Slickdeals pretty hard all week. My productivity at work has probably been at 70 instead of the normal 100 because of this.

I have yet to get one, many cancellations. If you know anyone, I'd give an extra $50 or so, possibly trade my netbook worth more than the tablets are going for.
  • Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hate to burst your bubble, but you might want to start looking for other tablets and start saving money. Heck, the more you wait, the cheaper the tablets will become eventually. On the bright side, you may be one of the first people to get a Windows 8 tablet by the time you're ready to buy one. :)

I jumped on it so my son so he can play flashed based Disney games, he's only 4. I'm not expecting anything else from it, so the $100 is a fair price point.

If it was for me, I'd be looking at other models.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I signed up, so we shall wait and see. Would be nice to have a 99.00 Android tablet.
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□

It's not that I wanted one that bad for myself; it's just that my girl's birthday is next month and she's been nagging me to get an IPAD for her. Sure there's better tablets than the TouchPad; but for $99 how can anyone complain? icon_wink.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    i just one to read books 24/7 on and play movies for the kids in the car
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Bokeh wrote: »
    I signed up, so we shall wait and see. Would be nice to have a 99.00 Android tablet.

Look at the Sylvania tablets (7" for $99). Not complete enough for an average user, but folks that frequent this board would be able to upgrade the firmware and root the device to get it exactly where you want. Once you've done those things, the Sylvania tabs rock. (The only big annoyance on the 7" is the short battery life. . . about 3 hours.)

I'm starting to hear all over that the industry's gotten the message from the Touchpad fire sale-- the $100-150 price point is about where most casual users will want to land. You should see more of these trickle out before long. Tough part will be getting manufacturers to give up the high margins they were getting for premium tablets.

I either didn't get the E-mail from HP, or it went into spam. I checked at 5am, and they weren't online yet. Checked just now, and they're sold out. icon_sad.gif
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□

Especially when everyone's bidding. icon_lol.gif Is this a fake auction or will the winner be screwed with over $90K being wasted?
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Especially when everyone's bidding. icon_lol.gif Is this a fake auction or will the winner be screwed with over $90K being wasted?

I really think he posted that as a joke, and the bidders know it. Show me someone who would go after a non-paying bidder in that instance, and I'll show you a pink Dalmatian.

I have to admit, though, that there may be some philanthropist who gets a kick out of this and ponies up the dough to put the guy through school. The seller might even get 15 minutes of fame out of this if the media gets wind of it. His Twitter page should be pretty busy by now, too. :)

As far as the listing itself goes, I think its gets funnier as you go down the page.

For me, I have only a few days left of following this nifty little mini-drama. I figure I'll check with the local BB to see if they have any sometime this weekend, and after Labor Day I'll probably zap my links for this. My backup plan is that if I really get the urge (or see a pressing need) for a 10" tablet anytime soon, I'll probably jump for the ibex Flytouch 3 at about $150. If I feel like splurging, I'll get an Archos, Coby or Sylvania for a bit more.

At this moment, for me there are only a few reasons for a 10" tablet: (1) a slightly better reading experience, (2) better battery life, and (3) my kids could watch movies on it when we're traveling.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    So he's a poor college student who really needs money and he REALLY wants a touchpad even tho he posted the listing from his ipad?