Options

ICND 2 Failed

seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Now,

I did not pass. I ran out of time. And I had low scores on NAT, ACL, and WAN. However, I'm not discouraged because my other areas where good. I'm gonna dig in and take the test in 2 weeks.

Sean
~ Sean

Comments

• Options
    andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Sean focus on your weak areas,you don't need to be discouraged,you will surely got it
  • Options
    wolfinsheepsclothingwolfinsheepsclothing Member Posts: 155
    seansabian wrote: »
    Hey Now,

I did not pass. I ran out of time. And I had low scores on NAT, ACL, and WAN. However, I'm not discouraged because my other areas where good. I'm gonna dig in and take the test in 2 weeks.

Sean

I agree; don't get discouraged. Now you know exactly what to expect.
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    is 2 weeks going to be enough? NAT, ACL, and WAN are some of the core topics on the ICND 2, if you had low scores on those, I would think that you know your ICND 1 materials, but didn't prepare enough for ICND 2. The fact that you ran out of time also suggests that you were struggling a bit.

I know when you fail an exam, you want to get back in and retake it, but imo, take as much time as you need to fully prepare for the exam.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Those three subjects are some tough subjects. Are you sure two weeks is going to be enough to get those subjects down? Can you give us the score break down?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would take that test asap, just study what you had low scores in and get back at it while the info is still fresh in your head. Good luck.
    In pursuit of CCNA:SECURITY; CCNP; THEN MCSE
  • Options
    andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    I think GreenLantern is right,just hit it back as soon as possible when is still fresh in your memory.Just hit those you did not do well hard,next time you will get it.
  • Options
    CaySpekkoCaySpekko Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Think of it as a practice test. Some practice tests are almost as expensive as the real thing anyway.
  • Options
    hyperrawr9000hyperrawr9000 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    IMO put NAT at the bottom of your priority for those 3 topics, Don't even bother with more than the basics of NAT until you have ACLs figured out or you prolly will make mistakes with the more in depth Nat configuration.
  • Options
    Those three subjects are some tough subjects. Are you sure two weeks is going to be enough to get those subjects down? Can you give us the score break down?

Hey James,

My scores were

Config, verify, and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs etc 75%
    Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services etc. 67%
    Config, verify and troubleshoot basic router ops and routing etc. 75%
    Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACL etc. 50%
    Implement and verify WAN links 0% (ran out of time, did not get a shot at 4 simlet questions)

I know the first three scores were high but may NOT have enabled me to achieve a pass. What do you think?
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    Hey Now,

I know I got a lot of studying and labbing to do. However, there is a certain sense of urgency that is created when the test is scheduled.

Sean
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    hyperrawr9000hyperrawr9000 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How many questions did you have left when the clock ran out? This exam is not one you can take too much time per question. The scores you listed dont really give a good idea of how well you did in each area without knowing how close to finishing you got.
  • Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    Good attitude! I failed icnd2 the first try by about 50 points.... It hurts but ya gotta get up and dust yourself off and pass it the second go around.

You got this. Just don't wait too long to retest.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hey James,

My scores were

Implement and verify WAN links 0% (ran out of time, did not get a shot at 4 simlet questions)

I know the first three scores were high but may NOT have enabled me to achieve a pass. What do you think?

Try to push for atleast 80% in each category. I think you will pass for sure.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    Hey James,

My scores were

err...I wouldn't say 67, and 75% are high score...more like a barely passed icon_cry.gif

I've never ran out of time on the cisco exam before so I'm a little curious, how do you know you had 4 simlet questions left for the WAN section? Do they tell you at the end?
    I know I got a lot of studying and labbing to do. However, there is a certain sense of urgency that is created when the test is scheduled.

That's great if you've been studying for months and feel like you need an extra nudge to get going. Having a looming deadline isn't so great when you're trying to fully understand the topic as you start skimming through stuff.
  • Options
    Hey Pham0329,

I meant to write, "I know the first three scores were NOT high scores and may NOT have contributed to a pass even if my scores in the last two areas were in the same range".

In a nutshell, I agree with you on this.

No, I don't think two week is going to be enough time but maybe 4 to 6 weeks might. I'm not in a hurry but I want to stay motivated. = )

I know I missed a few Sim style questions because I started skimming and guessing as time ran out.

As you know, a test date can be rescheduled.
    ~ Sean