Options

Cisco Fast Track

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
Try getting on the Cisco graduate recruitment programme if you can. You will be fully supported internally to get your CCIE. Here is one profile..

I integrated Cisco through the graduates recruitment program. The program is developped around training (softskills and technical skills) and exposure (TAC rotation and technology specialization).

The program technical goals were :
- Take CCNP
- Achieve CCIE written
I achieved full CCIE (#2395icon_cool.gif, CCNP, CCDP and CCIP in a 8 months timeframe.

Softskills included presentation, negotiation, customer relation building and joining the Toastmasters international club to practice every 2 weeks

Comments

• Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Thanks for information. I just did a quick search and came up with multiple hits for Fast track and fast track 2. Mind providing a specific link for your info please?

Thanks!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    Thanks for information. I just did a quick search and came up with multiple hits for Fast track and fast track 2. Mind providing a specific link for your info please?

Thanks!

No idea Im afraid, I dont work for Cisco. I do my studies on my own time.
  • Options
    themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Looks so far as something only in the EU. Can't find anything really more on it.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
  • Options
    johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    Try getting on the Cisco graduate recruitment programme if you can. You will be fully supported internally to get your CCIE. Here is one profile..

I integrated Cisco through the graduates recruitment program. The program is developped around training (softskills and technical skills) and exposure (TAC rotation and technology specialization).

The program technical goals were :
    - Take CCNP
    - Achieve CCIE written
    I achieved full CCIE (#2395icon_cool.gif, CCNP, CCDP and CCIP in a 8 months timeframe.

Softskills included presentation, negotiation, customer relation building and joining the Toastmasters international club to practice every 2 weeks

wow 8 Months! Did these certs help you find work, or improve your current job situation? How much time a day did you study, when... that seems extremely fast to me.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    johnnyarks wrote: »
    wow 8 Months! Did these certs help you find work, or improve your current job situation? How much time a day did you study, when... that seems extremely fast to me.

LOL, you're misconstruing it.

Turgon was quoting someone else.

If you're looking for a similar program, look for the "ANCE" for recent college graduates, or "PNCE" for professionals.

Edit: Post #666, LOL.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    instant000 wrote: »
    LOL, you're misconstruing it.

Turgon was quoting someone else.

If you're looking for a similar program, look for the "ANCE" for recent college graduates, or "PNCE" for professionals.

Edit: Post #666, LOL.

...I'm not understanding what's going on here
  • Options
    johnnyarks wrote: »

I dont work for Cisco. The above was the situation of someone for does. Working for Cisco there is a lot of encouragement to get the CCIE and they have many internal resources to help you accomplish it. Not least lots and lots of time at work to study for the exam.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    This is similar to working for Microsoft support or something, you will be funneled into their certification track because it is kind of obvious. If you land a support gig at MS or Cisco, good on you, its not easy to get hired and they can be choosy. I would submit that the experience of working for a manufacturer is even more valuable than the certs you will get.
  • Options
    millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
    I can answer this question. Here is the link to apply.

Europe and Emerging Markets Programs - Graduate Careers - Cisco Systems

There are multiple phases of training.

Your first put in a 4 week bootcamp in Brussels which just covers the basics of networking. Which will help you out in your new lowly tac career. icon_cool.gif This includes networking theory as well as hands on labs.

Next you will get your on the job training for 3 more weeks specific to the technology you will be supporting (LAN Switching Group, Video Services, etc) and be mentored for 3-6 months by a senior engineer as well as working on specific cases by yourself as well as with the senior customer support engineer.

Next up you start working on CCIE training, you get lab access as well as guided learning and 3 week prep time.

It's not as "fast paced" as you think its a 2yr program. I mean you certainly can get it faster, and it is not a requirement that you get your CCIE although it is recommended.
    Currently Reading:
    CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
    CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide
  • Options
    millworx wrote: »
    I can answer this question. Here is the link to apply.

Europe and Emerging Markets Programs - Graduate Careers - Cisco Systems

There are multiple phases of training.

Your first put in a 4 week bootcamp in Brussels which just covers the basics of networking. Which will help you out in your new lowly tac career. icon_cool.gif This includes networking theory as well as hands on labs.

Next you will get your on the job training for 3 more weeks specific to the technology you will be supporting (LAN Switching Group, Video Services, etc) and be mentored for 3-6 months by a senior engineer as well as working on specific cases by yourself as well as with the senior customer support engineer.

Next up you start working on CCIE training, you get lab access as well as guided learning and 3 week prep time.

It's not as "fast paced" as you think its a 2yr program. I mean you certainly can get it faster, and it is not a requirement that you get your CCIE although it is recommended.

It's a great way to get certified with mentors, training and resource access on works time. There is a price to pay though. With everything going for you it's important to get your CCIE inside 2 years or you will be perceived as an underachiever and low hanging fruit within Cisco. So says a former colleague who worked for Advanced Services in Europe..
  • Options
    ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mentorship is indeed a valuable resource!
    It's certainly not something you can pay for, of all the teachers/instructors/lecturers I've had, not a single one could be considered a mentor.

Having someone who can meet you half way, or at least provide a little bit of coaching/motivation helps out a lot.
    If you ever read about the Johari window you fully understand how important it is for someone to provide feedback on that "blind" spot, especially when your trying to push through that difficult topic by simply combing the same resource time and time again, expecting something new to click.