Options

Passed ICND2 today :)

TSaLTSaL Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
Best day ever!

The testing center I went to was nice. It was clean and quiet. The testing center i went to for the ICND1 was a ****.

The test itself is tough but not in the fact that you have to remember just facts but you really have to understand multiple things going on in the network to answer the question right. I had 18 minutes left but I did feel presser to move on if I was unsure of the answer.

I have never work so hard in my life on one thing. It is a huge relief to have it done. Next I will be taking on an entry level EMC exam (fall 2011). After that I will take on the CCNA wireless (spring 2012)

Things I used to study:
• Odom books
• CBT
• Trainsignel
• 1 week class on ICND2 (waste of time)
• Packet tracer
• Some lab work
• Setting up 12 new 3750x (for work)

Comments

• Options
    mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    TSaL wrote: »
    Best day ever!

The testing center I went to was nice. It was clean and quiet. The testing center i went to for the ICND1 was a ****.

The test itself is tough but not in the fact that you have to remember just facts but you really have to understand multiple things going on in the network to answer the question right. I had 18 minutes left but I did feel presser to move on if I was unsure of the answer.

I have never work so hard in my life on one thing. It is a huge relief to have it done. Next I will be taking on an entry level EMC exam (fall 2011). After that I will take on the CCNA wireless (spring 2012)

Things I used to study:
    • Odom books
    • CBT
    • Trainsignel
    • 1 week class on ICND2 (waste of time)
    • Packet tracer
    • Some lab work
    • Setting up 12 new 3750x (for work)

Congrats, that's awesome, and sounds like some nice future plans too.

Don't forget to update your certs list in your profile!
  • Options
    andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Congrats TSaL.................
  • Options
    luisYmeluisYme Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nice, tsal!
    one question: would you say icnd2 was no harder, a little harder, about the same, or much harder than passing ccent?

thanks!
  • Options
    JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
    Inspiring. Congrats!
  • Options
    luisYme wrote: »
    nice, tsal!
    one question: would you say icnd2 was no harder, a little harder, about the same, or much harder than passing ccent?

thanks!

IMO i think its about the same. But i did spend more time learning ICND2 info.

If i were to change anything i would have skipped the bootcamp. I would have set up a home lab and work on just labs for 4-5 days.
  • Options
    wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Congratulations TSaL!!!!

How many weeks/months did you study for?

Which company did you do the one week course with? My employer is willing to send me on a five day ICND2 boot camp. I was thinking of doing it right before the exam.

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz and thanks for posting study materials!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    permariagerpermariager Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass :)
  • Options
    wave wrote: »
    Congratulations TSaL!!!!

How many weeks/months did you study for?

Which company did you do the one week course with? My employer is willing to send me on a five day ICND2 boot camp. I was thinking of doing it right before the exam.

About 4-5 months from ICND1 - ICND2

Benchmark training in Bloomington MN
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

What are you planning to do next?