Options

Steve Jobs resigns from Apple!

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Thanks Steve, for all youve done

Apple CEO Steve Jobs resigns - Aug. 24, 2011

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm interested to see how they fair without him. The good thing is, the new CEO is the guy he reccomended (the COO), which is a good sign. By most reports, it seems Jobs is very involved with the device design/creation process so we'll only have to wait and see if things change with him gone. He'll still be advising, as he is the chairman of the board, but I suspect his health is hitting an all time low. Either way, sorry to see him go!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cancer sucks icon_sad.gif

With all those billions, he should get the best scientists in the world together with unlimited resources for labs to find a cure for cancer. iCure :) Not meant to be a sadistic joke, my father died from cancer too, but just trying to make light of the situation. It really sucks what cancer does to people. If there was one guy who had the means to fight this disease it would be him. icon_sad.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    I found this on linked in:
    Steve Jobs’s Best Quotes - Digits - WSJ
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nice link, a great, and possibly understated quote:
    "Unfortunately, that’s too rare a commodity. A lot of people in our industry haven’t had very diverse experiences. So they don’t have enough dots to connect, and they end up with very linear solutions without a broad perspective on the problem. The broader one’s understanding of the human experience, the better design we will have."

This sums up a lot about IT in general, and why it can be difficult the first few years in the industry.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    He will be missed. Makes me wonder how Apple shares will fair in the coming months?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    He will be missed. Makes me wonder how Apple shares will fair in the coming months?

I hope the execs in charge now that Jobs is gone won't care how the stock performs at all. As long as they let the designers and engineers continue to produce insanely great products for insanely loyal customers, they will be fine. If they start letting the suits with spreadsheets run things, everyone needs to be worried.

I'm not an Apple fanboy (I own a couple of old iPods), but I respect Jobs for how he ran the company. He never seemed to be a slave to beating analysts' quarterly estimates by a penny. He focused on the products instead and was rewarded by briefly being the most valuable company on the US stock market. I wish more executives had the guts (or uncontested power and vision) to run their companies that way.

Hopefully the extra time off to rest and heal will help keep him around a while longer.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    soon apple will download his brain in to a iJobs ... ask your local apple store about it

oddly this isnt the first time he has left apple he may be back once his health gets sorted
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Heard he tried to get a job with Samsung and they slammed the door in his face.......................hehe
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wonder if his impending resignation was the catalyst behind all the patent trolling as of late?
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Arwes, that's a valid question. Will the new Apple keep their innovative edge by stifling attempts made at it by others?