Options

Critique my resume...plz

2»

Comments

• Options
    johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think it looks good.:D

I especially like this part, Cisco Switch/Router (IOS configuration, vlans, Etherchannel, RIP, DHCP, DNS, TELNET, SSH)

Yea I read somewhere that these companies have software that does automated scans when looking through resumes and the software just looks for keywords
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    johnnyarks wrote: »
    Yea I read somewhere that these companies have software that does automated scans when looking through resumes and the software just looks for keywords

Yup, that's true, it helped me get a bunch of interviewsicon_lol.gif
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their suggestions in this thread, I feel like my resume looks more solid.
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Don't use ampersands. You also need to use punctuation. I don't see a single period at the end of a sentence.

You also need consistency, right now it is very inconsistent. If you are going to spell out an abbreviation, you should spell out the abbreviation the 1st time it is used, subsequent uses can just be the abbreviate. You did this ONCE with DVR, but it wasn't the first use. Then others you didn't do it all with. POS? Piece Of ****? Pile Of Sushi, Point Of Sale? Also capitalize the first letter of each word when you're spelling out an abbreviation for the first time. Example: "digital video recorder (DVR)" should look like "Digital Video Recorder (DVR)". Again, only if you are going to spell any out. You don't really need to spell them out for commonly used abbreviations, or abbreviations that anyone in the career field should recognize.

You want it to be extraordinary, right now it is just extra ordinary. ;)
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Everyone wrote: »

heheheh, I like it.
  • Options
    Everyone wrote: »
    Don't use ampersands. You also need to use punctuation. I don't see a single period at the end of a sentence.

You also need consistency, right now it is very inconsistent. If you are going to spell out an abbreviation, you should spell out the abbreviation the 1st time it is used, subsequent uses can just be the abbreviate. You did this ONCE with DVR, but it wasn't the first use. Then others you didn't do it all with. POS? Piece Of ****? Pile Of Sushi, Point Of Sale? Also capitalize the first letter of each word when you're spelling out an abbreviation for the first time. Example: "digital video recorder (DVR)" should look like "Digital Video Recorder (DVR)". Again, only if you are going to spell any out. You don't really need to spell them out for commonly used abbreviations, or abbreviations that anyone in the career field should recognize.

better ? I did some "googling", there doesn't seem to be a hard fast rule to puting periods, some put it some don't, uniformity seems to be the agreed consensus