Options

passed icnd2 today

martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
icon_cheers.gif

hello forums.

after hading to rescedule the test last week because of major issues with my understanding of certain OSPF and fram relay topics i kinda worked my ass off an aces it with a stunning 944 today

it is a VERY hard exam - you have to be aware of EVERYTHING and really know the concepts

specially the simulations are no piece of cake at all

here are my scores:

vlan / switch : 93%
ip addressing : 100%
routung & basic operation : 87%
NAT and ACL : 100%
WAN : 83%

stuff i used:

cbt nuggets videos
cisco press self study guide
packet tracer

ok now to the drunken_smilie.gif part of the day and then maybe ccnp right away - what do you guys think?
And then, I started a blog ...

Comments

• Options
    SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif

How long did you study?
  • Options
    i passed icnd 1 in april and startet right after that with icnd 2 preparation

took it easy the first month but the last 3-4 weeks have been quiete intense ...
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    i passed icnd 1 in april and startet right after that with icnd 2 preparation

took it easy the first month but the last 3-4 weeks have been quiete intense ...

Congrats! icon_thumright.gif I have to take mine within the next 30 days, and I'm not even close to being done (still need to touch the WAN, Frame Relay, NAT, and IPv6 stuff). Then I need to go back and review the VTP/VLAN again since I probably forgot some of the basic things since I started it the same time you started.

What's your next plan?
  • Options
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif I have to take mine within the next 30 days, and I'm not even close to being done (still need to touch the WAN, Frame Relay, NAT, and IPv6 stuff). Then I need to go back and review the VTP/VLAN again since I probably forgot some of the basic things since I started it the same time you started.

What's your next plan?
    thank you

haha talking bout ipv6 - is it true that you get this "silver cert" with your ccna?

if yes its a nice bargain because i had exactly ONE question about ipv6 in the whole exam

if i have time i plan to put my scribbled preparation notes to some topics in a readable form and post it here.

next stop might will be ccnp i guess - but wanted to take a look at the other paths as well ...
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    thank you

haha talking bout ipv6 - is it true that you get this "silver cert" with your ccna?

if yes its a nice bargain because i had exactly ONE question about ipv6 in the whole exam

if i have time i plan to put my scribbled preparation notes to some topics in a readable form and post it here.

next stop might will be ccnp i guess - but wanted to take a look at the other paths as well ...

I wish I can say I want the notes but no thank you. I have plenty of resources here, and lately I have been spoiled. So save them for others who need it. Anyway, I never heard of this "silver" cert, but let me know once you get your cert in mail. That's like having Babe Ruth's holographic baseball card. icon_lol.gif

If you are not working in the network engineering area, then you should take a look at other vendor certs to cover all possible basics to broaden more opportunities for you in the future.
  • Options
    i got some experience in the IT industry, but mainly server sided stuff - decided to invest some time an get into the networking stuff

was thinking about looking at the juniper stuff - but on the other hand i am very curious to get deeper into the whole cisco world - a ccna is a very good base i guess and i kinda wanna explore some more deeper & advanced topics because i consider myself as a person who likes to know how stuff works ...

an entry cert at another vedor would mainly be about the syntax and the same concepts covered by the ccna i guess?!
  • Options
    SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    i got some experience in the IT industry, but mainly server sided stuff - decided to invest some time an get into the networking stuff

was thinking about looking at the juniper stuff - but on the other hand i am very curious to get deeper into the whole cisco world - a ccna is a very good base i guess and i kinda wanna explore some more deeper & advanced topics because i consider myself as a person who likes to know how stuff works ...

an entry cert at another vedor would mainly be about the syntax and the same concepts covered by the ccna i guess?!

In regards to Juniper, that's what I've heard. Protocols work the same (except proprietary obviously), it's just adjusting to the different OS.
  • Options
    descender421descender421 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just started studying for ICND2 as I passed ICND1 this past Saturday.

Using Lammle and Cisco Press books along with Cbt Nuggets. Only 5 chapters in to the Cisco Press book and already seems a lot more complicated than ICND1 as was expected.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz and thanks for posting resources used!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, nice job.

icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Congrats martell... good score