Options

CompTia CE and WGU?

SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
I apologize if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it in the stickied thread or through the forum search.

I have a "for life" A+ certification that I picked up in 2001. Is there a way to have this become CE and be current, and applicable to WGU enrollment?

Anyone deal with this?

Comments

• Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't know much about WGU. To turn your CompTIA certificates into CE's, you can enroll into the CE program with your certification login on CompTIA's website.

Here's some info that might help:
    CompTIA Continuing Education Program
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    Yeah, I've read through that. WGU states that a certification has to be within the past 5 years to be used as credit towards the degree.

I'm wondering if I change my A+ to CE can I apply it towards being applied for course credit?

Or is there a way to make a life time Comptia cert that was attained years ago, current for this process (short of retaking the exam). Such as shifting my A+ to CE and passing the Security+ exam?
  • Options
    SdotLow wrote: »
    Yeah, I've read through that. WGU states that a certification has to be within the past 5 years to be used as credit towards the degree.

I'm wondering if I change my A+ to CE can I apply it towards being applied for course credit?

Or is there a way to make a life time Comptia cert that was attained years ago, current for this process (short of retaking the exam). Such as shifting my A+ to CE and passing the Security+ exam?

Hey, if your taking the security+ and pass it, I believe CompTIA will renew your A+ because Security+ is the higher certification. Also, if CCENT is current that will renew your CompTIA certs, if I'm correct.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hey, if your taking the security+ and pass it, I believe CompTIA will renew your A+ because Security+ is the higher certification. Also, if CCENT is current that will renew your CompTIA certs, if I'm correct.

I have lifetime A and N, but CE Security. On my transcripts on the comptia site all my certifications show CE behind them.

Any of the 3 CE's will turn the others into CE's.
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »
    I have lifetime A and N, but CE Security. On my transcripts on the comptia site all my certifications show CE behind them.

Any of the 3 CE's will turn the others into CE's.

Now I remember.

Network+ CE renews A+. Security+ CE renews Network+ and A+:D