Options

New help desk Tier 1 right here! Got promotion!

ArmymanisArmymanis Member Posts: 304
Hello everyone! I got the promotion that I was possibly getting! I went in for the interview/discussion today and both of the help desk leads liked me! Since I was already hired with the company, I will just be changing my position title! I also aced the technical exam by missing 1 question and did good on the personality exams and even had experience in none-face to face IT support. That's what they also liked.

My question is that they asked me if I could work the night shift. I told them I could work one night shift from 12pm to 6am on saturday. They were very pleased and the guy was even pleased when i asked him isn't OU mean organizational unit when he was talking about active directory. He had one guy hired who did not even knew what it stood for. I am so happy right now! I am on cloud 9!!!!

Also how much different is the night shift? Since I will be working one and have never worked one before. Other then that I will be working help desk on the weekends.

I start my new position September 16th ! :D Went from being Desktop Technician 1 to Help Desk Tier 1. YAY :D

Comments

• Options
    Mind_SculptorMind_Sculptor Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, what was your previous role btw
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the promotion!
    Armymanis wrote: »
    Also how much different is the night shift?

It's a whole different ball game. It's darker outside. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Armymanis wrote: »
    :D Went from being Desktop Technician 1 to Help Desk Tier 1. YAY :D
    I think that answers your question...

And congrats to Armymanis!
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options

Desktop Technician 1. It was lower on my companies list of jobs. Basically it required mounting computers and phones and a little bit of configuration....Nothing to technical. I am glad I got this position within the company. Defiantly more technical.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! I love the night shift! I find I get more done and have a bigger sense of accomplishment then I did working days. It is rare for something I work on at night to bleed into the day shift or the following night (unless someone from the dayshift screws up the fix I perfromed the night before). I work four 10 hour shifts (Mon-Thur 8 pm to 6 am) and though I get less sleep then I use to, I feel like I get the same amount and I have a lot more time to do things. Plus by switching, I cut a 3 hour a day (there and back) commute to 1 hour. You'll find you'll do a lot more higher level work (at least I do) because your more then likely the only guy or one of the few people actually there working. We have an on-call person that I can call to takeover, but I tend not to like to wake them up as they still have to work their regular shift. Again, congrats and good luck!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Mind_SculptorMind_Sculptor Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    I think that answers your question...

And congrats to Armymanis!

Wanted to know what it was exactly :)
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Awesome.

Just don't get too comfortable where you are. Learn all you can to get adept at your current position, then learn more, so you can be ready for your next opportunity.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    Thanks guy's! If some of you are wondering what certs I have, I only have the A+. I am also finishing up my AA in Technical Support through a community college. It sure is good to network with people :D
  • Options
    SecuSecu Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□