Options

Now this is funny

bababooey1bababooey1 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
$11.91? Must be a mistake...

Job Overview
Company: Robert Half TechnologyLocation: map.gifNew Canaan, CTBase Pay: 11.91 USDEmployee Type: Phone: (203) 356-9500Position ID: 00720-114370

Job Description

Our client is looking for a high-energy Desktop Support Analyst for a contract -to- perm position.Summary Description:As a member of our corporate team, the IT Technical Support person reports directly to the Manager of Information Technology. The person selected for this position will provide assistance to ensure that all IT-related support, including installations, upgrades, software, hardware, operating systems, and configuration issues are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved. Helps coordinate the maintenance of desktop management toolset and security for desktop systems. Serves as a point of contact on all IT-related matters for all remote company offices in USA and Mexico.Responsibilities: Administration and maintenance of computer stations and software. Windows troubleshooting, system backups, archiving, and disaster recovery support when necessary. Interact with users on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner. May assist operations staff with customer invoicing, freight invoice processing and rail car tracing activities. Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to superiors and to the company in a timely manner. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion. Initiates and implements improvements in all areas of IT responsibility. Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members. Communicates effectively with remote offices to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions. Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions. Help develop and deploy end-user reports using SQL, Excel and report writer tools. Handles telephone changes including new phone set-up, number assignments and assists in the coordination of telephone system upgrades. Maintains Corporate Email server.Required Skills & Experience Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to train end-users on software usage. Proficiency in all MS Windows platforms including Windows server 2003 and 2008. (Word, Excel, Outlook, Exchange server maintenance, Terminal server, VPN). B.S. Computer Science preferred, or relevant experience. Knowledge of MS SQL Server and ability to create views a plus. Able to train end-users on software usage. Competently manage multiple tasks while consistently remaining approachable to office staff. Some travel is required to support our 8 refineries in the US and Mexico.

Job Requirements

MS Excel, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, MS SQL Server, MS Outlook, MS Office, MS Exchange Server,

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Run away, far away, from Robert Half - from what I've heard on these forums.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    You forgot to bold these: "Maintains Corporate Email server... Exchange server maintenance, Terminal server"

Desktop support/Jr. Server admin along with a little more pay would've been acceptable.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I remember one member having Robert Half need not respond at the bottom of their online resume.

I still remember that to this day. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, I have heard nothing good of Robert Half on these forums or anywhere else for that matter. They are trying to grossly underpay people and walk away with a huge chunk of change. It seems like if they can't double or triple what they are going to pay you, they aren't interested.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    I can't stand Robert half , in the legal industry they are terrible.

I manage a law firm, we offered them a salary range of $80-100k for a lawyer, upon interviewing some candidates through them we discovered they were offering the salary of $15/hr.
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    Devilry wrote: »
    I can't stand Robert half , in the legal industry they are terrible.

I manage a law firm, we offered them a salary range of $80-100k for a lawyer, upon interviewing some candidates through them we discovered they were offering the salary of $15/hr.

And this is why their still in business today. Never deal with these guys, they have always tried to short change me, not happening. By the way, what lawyer would go to an interview knowing it's $15/hr? That's just insane.
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    WiseWun wrote: »
    And this is why their still in business today. Never deal with these guys, they have always tried to short change me, not happening. By the way, what lawyer would go to an interview knowing it's $15/hr? That's just insane.

You would be very surprised, everyone thinks that lawyers all make $125-150k starting out. The reality of it is, a select few earn that, but are required to bill 80 hours a week. Keep in mind, billing is not actual hours work.. you spend about 1.25 hours at the office for every hour billed.

The normal salary of lawyers is around $60k. And typically they are carrying $100k in debt.

To give you an example, last week I needed to hire two paralegals, 15 out of 50 applications were lawyers for $12/hr position. We currently have two lawyers working as 'interviewers' for us, that are below the paralegals :) I will just say it pays less than the paralegals position.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    They're like the ATT of headhunting firms.

But anyway, on the job details itself...I've seen several jobs even around here on craigslist asking for degree holders, a few certs and a lot of similar job duties....while paying much less than $20/hr.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???