Options

One shot Exams?

rubbadubbarubbadubba Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Having recovered from my celebratory drink, having reached MCSE 2000, I am now busy studying the upgrade 292 - 296. I have heard from a couple of different sources that the upgrade is a one shot exam! In other words you only get one attempt to do it. If you fail on your first attempt then you need to sit the entire 2003 track!

Is this true at all? I cannot find any evidence of it on here or Microsoft, but wanted to be sure.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    If you fail an exam, you must retake it. You DON'T have to retake the whole track. That's a bit ridiculous. You've passed what you've passed, and with M$ that's for life.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's hard to believe that if you fail the upgrade exam that you would have to take the entire track over again. But just to be on the safe side just study really really hard and pass it on your first try.
  • Options
    rubbadubbarubbadubba Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks

I thought it was a bit ridiculous. Fortunately I've never failed an exam yet, so have no intention of starting now. However, I am slightly tempted by the Microsoft "free resit" offer to give this one a go a bit earlier than I might normally. I have had lots of exposure to 2003/XP and have completed a course so feel pretty ready... and with a "free resit" what have I got to lose?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    If you think you're ready, go for it.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    ospreyosprey Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can take the exams an infinite number of times. I believe that your friend was confusing it with the NT4-to-2000 upgrade, which I've heard you had only one or two chances at. Microsoft has changed their mind and will now gladly take your money for as many times as you need to pass an exam.

There is absolutely no reason not to take advantage of the 2nd Shot offer from Microsoft, even if you think that you're gonna pass on the first time. You can use it more than once.
    -Jon
    MCSE 2k3 & 2k, MCSA 2K3 & 2k, Security+