Options

MCITP W7ES worth the effort?

Mah BahlsMah Bahls Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I am currently working as a Tier 1 Service Desk Rep for a large company as a temp.This company intends to transition from XP to W7 by the end of Dec. My contract expires in Dec and I am looking to make myself as valuable as possible because I would like to get hired on. Working for this company is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me.

Currently, I am focusing on the Net+ exam and would assume I can finish it in about a month. I intend on taking the MCITP exams for W7 Enterprise Support after I get Net+. (If I don't go from Net+ to CCENT)

My question is this; I will be getting my MCITP at some point in the future, would it be logical for me to stop the Net+ reviews I am doing and skip over to the MCTS 70-680 (Windows 7 Configuring). Does this certification make sense for a Tier 1 support rep to have or would a Net+ look better for my current position?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    I'd go for the MCITP first.

My MCITP has landed me a ton of interviews and it should really be useful for a company looking to transition to W7 in the near future.
  • Options
    SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    70-680 without a doubt. Knowing the information on the Network+ is great but for your role, 70-680 would be much more beneficial to you.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mah Bahls wrote: »
    Hey all,

I am currently working as a Tier 1 Service Desk Rep for a large company as a temp.This company intends to transition from XP to W7 by the end of Dec. My contract expires in Dec and I am looking to make myself as valuable as possible because I would like to get hired on. Working for this company is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me.

Currently, I am focusing on the Net+ exam and would assume I can finish it in about a month. I intend on taking the MCITP exams for W7 Enterprise Support after I get Net+. (If I don't go from Net+ to CCENT)

My question is this; I will be getting my MCITP at some point in the future, would it be logical for me to stop the Net+ reviews I am doing and skip over to the MCTS 70-680 (Windows 7 Configuring). Does this certification make sense for a Tier 1 support rep to have or would a Net+ look better for my current position?

Thanks in advance.

Since the company is intending to move to 7 in December, it would make sense to start studying for the 680/685. What you learn will directly help you and the company in the move.