Options

Best simulators

johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
I am looking for a good simulator, preferably one that isnt limited to the CCNA. I have narrowed the search down to Boson Netsim and Routersim, both which can cost 140-215 USD. I also setup a small lab, with a 1924 Catalyst and a 2514 router. DOnt really feel like buying more equipment. Just got them so I can get real exposure.

Is theier a SIM that could carry me through the CCNP?

Muchos,
Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    If you buy one more 2501 router, you're fine with CCNA.

Most people around here recommend you invest in your home lab instead of a router sim because at the end of the day, what really matters is how much exposure you've actually had with the equipment. You don't want to be in a situation where you have a CCNA and you can't figure out where to connect the cables....

I'm setting up a home lab for myself now. There are a lot of places you can get very cheap equipment. You'll just have to shop around a bit.

Best of Luck
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Boson now do a CCNP sim, www.boson.com however as mentioned before you really need the hands on for CCNP Im affraid.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    wildfire: are you still offering that free rack time??
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yea, my instructor has this simulator made by Sybex. It is amazing. The simulator seems just like the exam. The routing simulators are verbatim to the actual CCNA (although they are a bit more simple, ie: hostname config, clockrate ). You should really check Sybex out.
    Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.