Options

Taking 648 Tuesday Sept 6

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
I think I am finally ready. I have a ton of real world experience with 2008 R2 and I have been using the MS Press books for 640 and 642.

Any tips or suggestions for the exam? Ive been trying to focus on powershell commands and DNS related issues.

For my lab I am using an awesome machine my company gave me a couple of months ago.

Intel i7 (6 core)
24GB RAM
Fusion IO Duo 320GB
2 TBs of disk space.

Comments

• Options
    buzzkillbuzzkill Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is one god damn expensive SSD you got there.

How quickly do the VMs boot up (if you store them on the fusion, maybe you don't)?

And yes, I have found DNS to be heavily tested on 640 and 642! That and PKI (for 640 in particular)
  • Options
    The FusionIO drives arent expensive when you work for them :)

I completely forgot about the PKI, thanks for reminding me!

The VMs start up very fast... take about a good 10 or 15 seconds to full boot up.
  • Options
    Taking my exam today at 1pm EST. I broke down and purchased the transcender prep software, as I didnt think the MS press book for 648 is enough. So far I have been passing the transcender tests with 95% consistantly.

I am confident I will pass... but not over confident. Any last minute tips?
  • Options
    Oh man... this test beat me down. I got a 585 and a 605. Some more studying and labbing and hopefully I can get this licked on the second go around.
  • Options
    Tommy_DTommy_D Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This exam kicked my butt a month ago, I am retaking on the 13th... I found the content of the exam to be unrelated to a lot of what the Trancender prep exams quiz you on, did you have this experience as well? I scored 863 on Network and 552 on the AD piece. I had a bunch of questions on Certificate services that were very strange and I was totally clueless on! I am trying to find some good lab exercises to run for the Certificate services, let me know if you run across anything good!
  • Options
    Yep... it was the same for me. Certificate questions were a plenty on both of the testlets!

I plan on retaking it... but not until I get a firm handle on certificates