Need Advice on Studying

Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am having trouble studying on my own. I get some type of anxiety when I see like a diagram or a flowchart and I would wonder to myself "would I be able to understand this and can I be able to explain it very well"? This also happens when I have to listen to lectures and watch videos on IT materials? Any suggestions?

Comments

• mrblackmamba343mrblackmamba343 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 136
    Rome was not built in a day...Start by learning the basics before you move to the advance stuff
  • Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the help but I'm taking my time and I don't feel like I am making any progress.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How much labbing are you doing?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    I don't have a lab yet but I am planning on purchasing a PC to do my work in the next few weeks.
    Also, not to doubt or anything, does setting up a lab and practicing really help???
  • PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    Alhaji265 wrote: »
    Also, not to doubt or anything, does setting up a lab and practicing really help???

Tremendously, otherwise how are you going to relate with what you learned.

You're much more likely to understand and remember what you read if you followup with a hands-on lab. It provides a specific memory to relate back to when recalling what you learned.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Pishof wrote: »

You're much more likely to understand and remember what you read if you followup with a hands-on lab. It provides a specific memory to relate back to when recalling what you learned.

+1

This is why employers value experience over education.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Pishof wrote: »

Another +1. A musician can know all the music theory in the world, but he will excel and master his instrument of choice only after practicing for countless hours. Practice makes perfect.