Options

net+ done, but was a bit different

universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
so i just sat for the net+ ( already had the lifetime net+ from back in the early 00's, but my work wanted me to take the newest exam) and I walked away in only 20 minutes with an 885, but here is the kicker, about a third of the questions were for unix/linux commands.... If I didn't dabble in *nix (freeBSD to be exact, along with redhat, fedora, etc...) I would have probbably failed the exam if I were a normal net+ test taker;icon_confused.gif: unless these were all beta questionsicon_confused.gif:. Seriously, after my 20th unix command question I started to wonder if they loaded the linux+ exam by mistake.....

not a single subnetting question, and I was actually bummed, since I have been studying for my CCNA (to renew it for the third time) and was actually looking forward to subnetting questions.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Comments

• Options
    zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took it on Sunday and had a few Unix questions as well. Just basic stuff like dig and ifconfig though, nothing too serious.
    Transferred
    LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1