help me pick a tablet

2»

Comments

• Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I kind of want to hold out to see what the Transformer II looks like...

like this:

Transformers+2+Promo+Stand.jpg
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    mike-mike wrote: »
    like this:

awesome!!!
  • blackberryblackberry Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    shaqazoolu wrote: »
    I have a Transformer and I love it. I will admit the iPad has more apps that are made for tablets, but the Transformer gets the job done. If you are seriously considering going with an Android tab though, you should try and hold out for a month or so. The new Transformer is supposed to hit this fall and its going to be the first tablet with the Nvidia Kal-El processor in it. You could either spring for the new shiny one or you could probably get a deal on the current generation if you waited.

great info, I will wait to see how much the current transformer will drop in price!
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Xoom! It is the caddy of droid tabs.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Chris:/* wrote: »
    Xoom! It is the caddy of droid tabs.

How do you like the Xoom?
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I really like it especially for school. Most online training videos are flash based so that eliminated ipads for me. I use the kindle book app, safari books online and coursesmart books with no problems. The battery life is fantastic no matter what I do. I use rdesktop to log into my other power boxes to pull data as required. My only complaint is I wish Google Market was not up and down, up and down, but that is not a complaint against the Android just its support infrastructure.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
    Anyone have the Playbook?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    Anyone have the Playbook?

A guy I worked with tested one. He said it was good but there is a major lack of apps for it.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    A guy I worked with tested one. He said it was good but there is a major lack of apps for it.

The only thing that suprises me about this is that he said it was good. After the experience I had with the Storm, I will never buy a BlackBerrry product again and once upon a time I loved BBs.
  • factory81factory81 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Despite my previous post I went out and bought a Transformer over the weekend.

In other words.... Honeycomb runs very smooth, and quad core Tegra's are a ways off so the $350 price I got on it was very nice. + 128 for kb.
  • factory81factory81 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    shaqazoolu wrote: »
    You have clearly never used an Android tablet.

Yeah my judgement was based on Android 2.x based tabs. After playing with Honeycomb over the weekend I am a convert.
  • Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    factory81 wrote: »
    Yeah my judgement was based on Android 2.x based tabs. After playing with Honeycomb over the weekend I am a convert.

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    The XOOM and Transformer have practically the same specs. Both are good choices. Avoid Playbook.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
    factory81 wrote: »

In other words.... Honeycomb runs very smooth, and quad core Tegra's are a ways off so the $350 price I got on it was very nice. + 128 for kb.

sorry, maybe I'm just behind on the coffee... but what is the "kb" ?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    blackberry wrote: »
    amidst the HP tablet frenzy I have found myself interested in purchasing a table to help with my studying needs.

I would find it convenient for me to have a portable light weight device that would play wmv. files ex. cbt nuggets.

I am thinking of buying the ipad 2 but from experience can someone recommend a good table to use for viewing videos and reading text

This chart may help.

iPad Comparison Chart
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor