Options

MCP website access

Mah BahlsMah Bahls Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

Quick question for you. If I take and pass my 70-685 exam, do I get access to the MCP site despite not having gained any certification from the exam?

I will be taking the 70-680 shortly after, just curious how that works though.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I dunno for sure, but I doubt if you'd get access since aint certified yet. Certified or not, you are not missing out on anything significant if you dont have access to the site.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    I had access after just passing 70-680 before I passed 70-685.. so I'd think it would work the other way too.

As far as I'm aware, any of the 70 series tests will give you MCP status.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It doesnt appear that you get the MCTS title, so I would say that you probably dont get access.

Credit Toward Certification
    Exam 70-685: Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7

More info here
    Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    An interesting question.

You should. At that point you will have a transcript. It won't show any certification but it will show that you passed the 685. It would also be nice to view the certification planner which is a nice tool to find out what you have left before getting the MCITP:EDST or things like that.

Send an e-mail to mcphelp@microsoft.com Not only can they answer the question, but if they say no you can make a protest and see if they can get you access.
    Decide what to be and go be it.