Options

HOW LONG??

GR8BA55GR8BA55 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm currently doing the A+ and i was wondering how long on average does it take most of you, from the date of first starting, to the end of the both exams! I just need to make sure that i'm not slacking compared to the majority of other people!! I've been doing it since 11th of NOV 2004! And i'm going to take the first of the tests (A+ Core exam) ASAP!!

THANKS ALL!!!!!!!!! icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    gr8ba55 wrote:
    I'm currently doing the A+ and i was wondering how long on average does it take most of you, from the date of first starting, to the end of the both exams! I just need to make sure that i'm not slacking compared to the majority of other people!! I've been doing it since 11th of NOV 2004! And i'm going to take the first of the tests (A+ Core exam) ASAP!!

THANKS ALL!!!!!!!!! icon_wink.gif

Personally, it took me all of 10 minutes on Core and 15 minutes on OS way, way back when it was progressive.

HOWEVER, it is not a good plan to compare your timeline with others for fear of 'slacking' as you say.

You need to work at your pace.

That being said....
    Set up a timeline for yourself with the objectives laid out. Study the ones you think you know first (as a review) spend the bulk of your time on the other needing more attention. Set your date and hold firm.

If you have questions, ask them here, we'll all do our best to answer them for you.

Good Luck!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    Plantwiz has a good plan of attack there. Personally, I studied for about a month on each test. I have a bit of experience upgrading/building computers since I was 14 (7 years) so it didn't take me that long. If you're not familiar with computers as much, I'd say study a little more carefully to consider the basics. But if you're comfortable, just focus on the objectives and you'll be set. Btw, I read Mike Myers A+ Passport SE as well as the technotes from here and MCMCSE. Good luck with your future A+ studies! icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I should have included I had a number of years of experience prior to testing. I started ripping computers apart back in the Apple IIe days and haven't stopped.

Then I worked in various jobs to sharpen my skills long before (years) taking a test.

When I started to review the material I prepared about 6 months and took both tests back to back (scheduled 8:00am and 9:30, but they told me I wouldn't need to wait if I completed early I could just enter the numbers and begin again the second test). I didn't even know if I had passed until I completed both tests and walked out when the women at the desk handed me the printouts.

I had no knowledge of website forums like this and no idea that there was any practice tests. Just the objectives and the Meyers All-in-One book from 1998 and never opened the CD.

The progressive tests were nice and I had only 20 questions on one and 22 on the other.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?