tsftsftsftsf Posts: 7Member ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Here is my scenario

ADSL ROUTER 1 MBPS
DHCP - FROM ROUTER
IP RANGE 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.255

Laptops connected through wireless.

Laptop 1 - Vmware Workstation 7 Installed
vmnet1 - host only - Connected host virtual adaptor to the physical network - using local dhcp service to distribute IP to vm
Subnet 192.168.40.0
One VM working this Win XP Pro SP3

Laptop 2 - Vmware Workstation 7 Installed
vmnet1 - host only - Connected host virtual adaptor to the physical network - using local dhcp service to distribute IP to vm
Subnet 192.168.20.0
One VM working this Win XP Pro SP3

I'm unable to ping VM on Laptop 1 from Laptop 2 & vice versa.

Someone kindly assist how to accomplish this.
If i choose bridge this network then all vm's will acquire IP from DHCP (Router) & access to internet will be granted. (I dont want this to happen)

Just want all VM's to communicate with each other although in different subnets.

Comments

• EveryoneEveryone Posts: 1,661Member
    Tough, you are going to have to bridge it for one to talk to the other since they are on separate physical machines. The only way to have 2 VMs talk to each other without using a physical network, is to have them on the same host using the same virtual network.
  • DigitalZeroOneDigitalZeroOne Posts: 234Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    The first thing that I would check is the firewall on Windows XP, the firewall will block the ICMP packets...turn off the firewall and see if that fixes it.
  • EssendonEssendon Posts: 4,548Member ■■■■■■■■■■
    Everyone is right, if you want the VM's to be on different networks you'll need sonething like RRAS to route traffic between subnets.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com