Options

Now why is this?? (Prometric/testing center question)

PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm looking to finally polish off the 70-685 exam as soon as possible, I'm completely prepared (after several failed attempts), so I get into Prometric and try to book the test at my nearest center, but it tells me there are no exam dates in the time period selected (and if memory serves, in the past I could book a test up to 2 months in the future). Frustrating, especially since I had looked at dates last week, and there were lots available each week for Sept and Oct. There is ONE test center in all of the province that has a seat for that test, and it's not in the big ones in Calgary or Edmonton, it's 100 miles away in Red Deer.

My other in-progress exam is the 70-646 to finish my SA, so out of curiosity, I go back and check the exam dates of that exam, and hmmmph! if I wanted, I could write that test at my nearest center on the 13th! Then I loaded up the 70-682 exam and I could take that on the 12TH!

Is this a glitch? Has the 685 been retired all of a sudden? I need this out of the way, it's been a thorn in my side for ages. Should I call Prometric and book that way?

Thx for reading
Piers
:study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later

Comments

• Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    I'd definitely give them a call.. that sounds strange.
  • Options
    unofficially_prometricunofficially_prometric Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The reason you are finding space for the 70-646 and the 70-682 is because they are shorter exams. The 70-685 is 240 minutes while the other exams are 210min / 165min. I'd suggest you contact whichever test center you wish to test at and see if they can squeeze you in on a day of your choosing. When scheduling directly through a test center, the local administrator is allowed to overbook their schedule. To be clear, this is an individual sites prerogative and it’s not required that they overbook their schedule. If you’ve taken any number of exams at a particular site I’d start there since maybe you’ll have some sort of working relationship with them. Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds good.. Unfortunately, I haven't built up a relationship with the nearest center as I haven't used them before my last test 2 months ago, all the ones I've gone to previously have closed for one reason or another!
    The reason you are finding space for the 70-646 and the 70-682 is because they are shorter exams. The 70-685 is 240 minutes while the other exams are 210min / 165min. I'd suggest you contact whichever test center you wish to test at and see if they can squeeze you in on a day of your choosing. When scheduling directly through a test center, the local administrator is allowed to overbook their schedule. To be clear, this is an individual sites prerogative and it’s not required that they overbook their schedule. If you’ve taken any number of exams at a particular site I’d start there since maybe you’ll have some sort of working relationship with them. Best of luck to you!
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later