Options

Site to Site VPN Dynamic IP

lon21lon21 Member Posts: 201
Guys,

I have two asa5505 and would like to set up a site to site vpn but both sites have a dynamic ip address with a lease of 6 days.

Is it possible to set up a vpn using dynamic ip address, if not I can run a dns service which update the ip address but then is it possible to create a tunnel with a hostname?

I've just spent $800 hoping this would work

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i have labbed dmvpn before and from most docs i have read the host should at least have a static ip or a long term lease in order to make this work.

Otherwise you could use dyndns for the address/name resolution but you will need to lab that up to see how it works.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    CiscoRAMCiscoRAM Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    you could set up easyvpn client and server,
    dmvpn only works for routers, the ASA are very limited when it comes to vpns
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    You could use EZVPN but the server end will need to become a static address or you will need to update the client side every six days.
  • Options
    lon21lon21 Member Posts: 201
    keenon wrote: »
    i have labbed dmvpn before and from most docs i have read the host should at least have a static ip or a long term lease in order to make this work.

Otherwise you could use dyndns for the address/name resolution but you will need to lab that up to see how it works.

I have a laptop at both end which can run dyndns, but will the peer address accept a hostname?