Options

ICDN1 Done!

Gaz1988Gaz1988 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello

My first post on these forums, but since they have been so helpful to me for passing the ICND1 exam I thought i'd share my experiance!

I passed today with a score of 962/1000, much better than I thought I would do.

My study plan basically consisted of the following

- Fully read Odoms book
- Purchased a 2950 switch and fully configured basic security, hostname, ip address, port security, telnet ssh etc over and over until it stuck!
- Watched the CBT nuggets videos and used GNS3 to emulate routing, again set up a simple routed network over and over again until it stuck

Subnetting is by far the most important aspect of this exam, know it inside out - Jeremys methods of CBT nuggets was very good!

On my exam itself, I flew through the first 10 or questions then made the mistake of spending to long on a simulaton. I was rushed near the end of the exam and finished with 51 seconds on the clock!!

Glad its over, onto ICND2 now icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    I took the exam today and surprisingly there were 5 (or more less) sub netting questions but toooo many simulations. Most of the simulations had sub simulation questions too. like 1a.1b.1c.1d.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Gaz1988 wrote: »
    Hello

My first post on these forums, but since they have been so helpful to me for passing the ICND1 exam I thought i'd share my experiance!

I passed today with a score of 962/1000, much better than I thought I would do.

My study plan basically consisted of the following

- Fully read Odoms book
    - Purchased a 2950 switch and fully configured basic security, hostname, ip address, port security, telnet ssh etc over and over until it stuck!
    - Watched the CBT nuggets videos and used GNS3 to emulate routing, again set up a simple routed network over and over again until it stuck

Subnetting is by far the most important aspect of this exam, know it inside out - Jeremys methods of CBT nuggets was very good!

On my exam itself, I flew through the first 10 or questions then made the mistake of spending to long on a simulaton. I was rushed near the end of the exam and finished with 51 seconds on the clock!!

Glad its over, onto ICND2 now icon_cheers.gif

Congrats!
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for posting the study material! icon_cheers.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Gaz1988Gaz1988 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all, onto the ICND2 now! I think i'll go for the same study approach again.

- Pre-ordered odoms icnd2 third edition book
    - GNS3 for routing sim, although I can get my hands on some 2600 routers at work so may borrow them instead!
    - CBT nuggets for a bit variety!

Looking forward to getting stuck into this, more juicer topics!