Options

CCIE seals

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
I seem to be back on track and will take the lab inside 12 months. Who else is upto that schedule? Those without study threads I encourage to make one. I find that swaping replies with live threads is a good motivator. 1000 lab hours to pass (generally).

Anyone posting I will swap IM and email addresses with.

Comments

• Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    I'm going for it. Seems I have to complete it before 31 Jan so really need to step up.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Good luck to those that are taking the journey.
  • Options
    reaper81 wrote: »
    I'm going for it. Seems I have to complete it before 31 Jan so really need to step up.

Cool. Im British so I suppose I should say SAS rather than Navy Seals. What is your projected lab test date?
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Have to look at dates but late dec or early Jan I guess. I should at least have the time to go two times to not put everything on one date.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□

Wow, good luck!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    Have to look at dates but late dec or early Jan I guess. I should at least have the time to go two times to not put everything on one date.

I would relax. Let the mock exams take the hit rather than the actual exam. The actual exam costs much more. There really is no point giving $$$ to Cisco who make b!tches of us all.

Talk the hit on the affordable mock. If you fly..take the hit on the expensive real exam!
  • Options
    Who do we have..

We have myself and reaper81..

So we have anymore Seals/SAS before 02/09/2012 in the hardest IT exam in the world?

We are both in Europe BTW. Where are the Americans?
  • Options
    Still no reply. Guys you are looking at 1500 study hours, most days, certainly 5 days out of 7 and certainly evening and weekend sacrifice at the expense of girlfiends, wives and kids.

Any takers? We have 30000 CCIE's. The prospect of certification riches are diminishing but still there if you pass within the next 2 years! After that poof, unless you have significant experience in the field.
  • Options
    I suggest there are 6 regulars on TE that can make it. Expect 1 -2 years of sacrifice. PM me and we can work something out offlne to workgroup using IM/ICQ.
  • Options
    ChipschChipsch Member Posts: 114
    Every intention of hopping back on track here within the next few weeks. The new job has been intense and my employeer is completely on board with this. We have already talked about costs for extra study materials that will be needed to include rental rack time or the purchase of a lab if that is the way i choose to go. The only hitch is that in 9 months it looks like there will be an addition to the family. Hehe, we'll see how that works out when i get there.
  • Options
    Chipsch wrote: »
    Every intention of hopping back on track here within the next few weeks. The new job has been intense and my employeer is completely on board with this. We have already talked about costs for extra study materials that will be needed to include rental rack time or the purchase of a lab if that is the way i choose to go. The only hitch is that in 9 months it looks like there will be an addition to the family. Hehe, we'll see how that works out when i get there.

I think with a new job to bed into and a child on the way you should wax any plans this year. Do some reading and plan to pass the written in 2012. Concentrate on your wife and your job this year.
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    In for America. I'll ballpark my projected lab date at July 2012. Goal lab hours are 1,100 - 1,400 hours. I'll start the count in 10 days once I get the written out of the way.
  • Options
    Possibly so but i will still study towards the written at a nice and easy pace. The awesome thing is the exposure at work to things that seem to encompass a vast amount of the blueprint. Thanks for the advice Turgon.
  • Options
    hkechoeshkechoes Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    for lab... early-mid 2013 for me... good luck for all of you!
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    late 2012 for me... Goodluck guys! keep us posted!
  • Options
    Representing cali here. Late 2012 for me.
  • Options
    Double posting at walmart. Lol
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I'm hoping before August 2012 but finishing up my bachelors and my Juniper studies have slowed down my progress considerably.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Turgon wrote: »
    Who do we have..

We have myself and reaper81..

So we have anymore Seals/SAS before 02/09/2012 in the hardest IT exam in the world?

We are both in Europe BTW. Where are the Americans?

America here, you limey bastard! :)

I'm targeting between April and July 2012 at the moment for my lab date. Assuming nothing major pops up, I'm pretty good for April. I spend far, far too much time studying (this weeks a bust though, I'm downtown for Dragoncon, but I'd already figured this into my plans)
  • Options
    America here, you limey bastard! :)

I'm targeting between April and July 2012 at the moment for my lab date. Assuming nothing major pops up, I'm pretty good for April. I spend far, far too much time studying (this weeks a bust though, I'm downtown for Dragoncon, but I'd already figured this into my plans)

hehehe..you are very welcome. Im hoping my lab takes place about the same time. Good luck with your studies, we certainly have a good group of candidates this year.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Turgon wrote: »

Any takers? We have 30000 CCIE's. The prospect of certification riches are diminishing but still there if you pass within the next 2 years! After that poof, unless you have significant experience in the field.

what's the 2 years have to do with it? is the test changing? or are you saying there will be so many CCIE's in 2 years it won't be so special anymore?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    what's the 2 years have to do with it? is the test changing? or are you saying there will be so many CCIE's in 2 years it won't be so special anymore?

Yeah im also interested in why 2 years is so significant? have i missed something here? :)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    The 2 years is in reference to the growing number of ccie's with the majority of those coming from the eastern part of the world where they can be hired for much cheaper so companies can maintain or obtain gold partner status. What a run on. That to me is fine and dandy but i think that many people here on TE alone have proven that a cert doesn't have to hold one back from getting that kick arse job. So do it for the riches or do it for the love of the art.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ah i see. thanks for clearing that up.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    qrilockqrilock Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Checking in for Utah, USA. Targeting Aug 2012 here.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    In for America. I'll ballpark my projected lab date at July 2012. Goal lab hours are 1,100 - 1,400 hours. I'll start the count in 10 days once I get the written out of the way.

Sounds like a plan. You wanna race?
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sounds like a plan. You wanna race?

Sure, just wear your big boy pants..this is for real men ;)
  • Options
    Its the weekend. Study hard. All of you.
  • Options
    CCIE2BCCIE2B Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im in Florida here in the US of A :).
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm targeting anywhere between Dec 2011 and Mar 2012 at the latest.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$