Options

CBT Nuggets

BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
I bit the bullet and shelled out the money for the videos, is it worth it?
Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    BlueEyedSamuraiBlueEyedSamurai Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Blackout - if you had asked this question prior to ordering the CBTNuggets videos, I would have recommended Train Signals videos. They are very detailed and thorough, albeit a little dry.

Jeremy of the CBTNuggets clearly loves what he does and makes the videos fun to watch. Although, these videos won't be close to enough. You may be able to supplement those with videos found on Youtube (Keith Baker specifically).

Of course, read and practice everything in the exam objectives.

HTH
    -Samurai
    Always studying for something!
  • Options
    descender421descender421 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I found Jeremy to be a great "icing on the cake". I read Lammle's and Odom's books for ICND1 as well, but Jeremy really put me over the edge for knowing the material to pass the exam.

I think even more so for ICND2, although I'm still about 3 weeks away from taking that.
  • Options
    getitngogetitngo Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think CBT Nuggets is a good buy. Jeremy does a great job delivering the information.
    In Progress:
    Degree in Engineering
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    cbt nuggets is great. BUT you wont pass the exams just by watching the videos. i watch the videos first, then read the chapter in the book and redo the labs which were presented in the videos.
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Options
    cbt nuggets is great. BUT you wont pass the exams just by watching the videos. i watch the videos first, then read the chapter in the book and redo the labs which were presented in the videos.

I have been watching the videos already and reading both Wendell Odom's and Todd Lammle's books as well as doing my beginning Sims on netsim. My physical lab is in the mail. Im hoping I wont need any more materials lol.

• Options
    Blackout wrote: »
    I have been watching the videos already and reading both Wendell Odom's and Todd Lammle's books as well as doing my beginning Sims on netsim. My physical lab is in the mail. Im hoping I wont need any more materials lol.

guess you should be fine. if you know your show commands and subnetting you should get an exam date. are you going going for icnd 1 or 2 or composite?
  • Options
    ICND1, I have never touched any cisco equipment....Learning from the ground up. My goal is 4 months for the ICND1 and 2 months after for my CCNA.

• Options
    2 months for icnd 2 is kinda otimistic i think. there is OSPF, EIGRP, frame relay, NAT & ACLs in this exam - which can be quiete tricky to master in just 8 weeks if you have no experience at all.

but dont worry you can always resceduel - i had to it twice - took me lil more than 4 months for icnd 2...
  • Options
    Lol i agree it optimistic, but i believe in my ability to absorb knowledge and apply it, if i don't pull it off then oh well ill simply try again. I do appreciate everyones responses for this thread!