Help with network installation of win7

CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am trying to do a network install of windows 7 at home and I've booted to the WinPE via pxeboot. At the command line I try to map to the share that has the windows 7 files and I get "The network path was not found". I then check out ipconfig and nothing is even there. So then I go do a "netsh int show int" its just blank and when I do a "netsh int ipv4 show addresses" the onlything listed is "Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1". So it looks like the NIC isn't even being recognized. Well it was at the early stage of the boot but once I got to WinPE I guess the drivers are missing for this NIC. In TFTPD32 the log shows the request for the ipv4 address and it shows that the address was leased... Is there a way to get the drivers to this machine somehow? I am just experimenting with this just to learn a some things so I am attempting to install this to an MSI netbook (U100). Any help will be much appreciated!
Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens

Comments

• CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been googling and I THINK I might be on to something... Still though, if anyone can help please do. According to one google result, my NIC drivers might not be in the WinPE image so says the poster.

Edit 1:Well the install is running for windows 7 but not in the desired way... I logged back into xp and ran the shared setup files. I wanted to try to do this from a network boot. A bit later I'm gonna redo this the way I intended to if I can get the drivers to work.

Edit 2: I got it installed completely. Again though not in the way I wanted to do it. Still the same end result.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens