Options

GNS3 question_1

Aman_sainiAman_saini Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
I don't know whether I can explain or not.
I have created a lab in the GNS3 and was trying to connect GNS3 with
VMWARE(installed Ubuntu) and trying to introduce real network Traffic in the GNS3.
these thing made my laptop red hot and to counter this i came up with a idea to use orignal machine of linux OS and connect this new machine to my laptop and create a software bridge between lan and VMWARE so that i can pass original network traffic original OS and so thaticon_rolleyes.gif i can save CPU from burning.

Tell me i m right or i imagining things too much

Noteicon_sad.gifI can not afford real equipment)

Comments

• Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    did you apply the IDLE PC function on the routers?

if you didnt cpu will run at 100% and that could make it nice and warm :D
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Options
    ya i had applied idle pc but i m using pix firewall in my lab which is using too much of my cpu usage thats why i m trying to introduce actual traffic from actual machine
    i m going try it today hope it works so that i can save my computericon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    running a virtual machine + gns3 might be a lil too much for a lot of laptop computers.

but if you shooting for ccna i can tell you packet tracer might just aswell do the trick.

anyways it is not very wise to put massive traffic into gns3 since the bandwith is VERY limited. i wouldnt shoot more traffic into it then a continious ping ...
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Options
    Actually i m making a project and was trying to make pis firewall and ios firewall so that i can secure my network but looking at the cpu usage it is difficult to start vmware side by side to attack my network or to check my network and Packet tracer is not capable of doing these things.

ok i will be very much conscious to not pass heavy traffic to gns3.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Aman_saini wrote: »
    ya i had applied idle pc but i m using pix firewall in my lab which is using too much of my cpu usage thats why i m trying to introduce actual traffic from actual machine
    i m going try it today hope it works so that i can save my computericon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccsp/21194-got-pemu-work.html#post143454

Direct Link: BES, Battle Encoder Shirase 1.4.3: Controls Per-Process CPU Usage

Hope this helps!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    hmm thanx i will try this definitely