Options

Advise on ccna intro

moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi guys ,

I'm following ccna 4 at the moment . I'm planing to take CCNA intro exam will it be easier this way of doing it or just doing CCNA as a whole ????

I have a book called ciscopress ccna intro certification guide selfstudy 640-821) and sybex fourth edition .

thanks !

Comments

• Options
    c_gc_g Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I completed the CCNA two test track. I found it easier to focus my studies on a certain material. The INTRO test is pretty basic and not much more. The ICND test is more indepth and covers more material. Personally I found the two test approach easier. Good Luck, c__g
    Thanks for the help, -cg
  • Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    The INTRO test is pretty basic and not much more.
    Would you consider INTRO a more complex version of Network+ with subnetting thrown in? I'm gonna be working on CCNA this summer, so I'm just trying to get a feel for what to expect. Odds are, I'll prolly go the two test route. icon_lol.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    The INTRO exam is a pumped up version of Network + with subnetting and basic router commands.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    study up on access lists. that is the majority of the test.
    Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.
  • Options
    xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    I can guarantee there will be no access lists on the INTRO exam. They are solely on the ICND. However, if you take the CCNA 640-801, you can be assured you will be riddled with access-lists.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    shadown7 wrote:
    The INTRO exam is a pumped up version of Network + with subnetting and basic router commands.
    That's pretty accurate description of the CCNA INTRO exam icon_thumright.gif
    I just wanted to add that the 'basic router commands' is an important part. The Network+ exam is vendor neutral, the CCNA exam is about creating networks with Cisco devices. Cisco devices (i.e. routers and switches) run advanced and complex software (IOS). Knowing how to configure and implement Cisco devices and it's hard and software features is the main topic of all Cisco certs. Though there is a fair amount of overlap between the INTRO and Network+ exam, it's definitely less than 40%, and that part, like Shadown7 said, is pumped up. It goes more into detail (Cisco is all about tiny little details, that can have major implications) than Network+.

Imho many who worked in IT in a network environment can skip Network+ if they are sure they're going for CCNA next. But, if you don't have much are any experience, network+ is the best primer available, as even the 'basics' on the CCNA exam(s) can be quite complicated and overwhelming at first.
    I can guarantee there will be no access lists on the INTRO exam. They are solely on the ICND. However, if you take the CCNA 640-801, you can be assured you will be riddled with access-lists.
    If I remember correctly the Cisco INTRO study guide does cover access lists swiftly. I'd recommened knowing what they are and their main purpose. Configuring them though is not something that goes in the INTROduction.
  • Options
    moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    can someone please kind enough tell me what topics i need to cover to pass intro i know i have to study subnetting but the rest i'm not too sure.I have sybex ccna book fourth edition it should help me fine on INRO and ICND

it will be nice if someone note down all the topic i need to cover for ccna intro i looked at cisco for answers i'm little bit confused about it .
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    You can find all the info about the test you need from the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/le3/current_exams/640-821.html

Best of luck on your studies!
  • Options
    sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
    I can guarantee there will be no access lists on the INTRO exam.

I shared the same feeling previously. But the test structure has now changed , i myself got ACL's in Intro but simple ones( i think just 1 or 2 question)Thanks to my lecturer who told me on time that ACL's are included in Intro !!
    :santa:
  • Options
    brichter92brichter92 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What books, material would you recommend for learning this material.