Options

Storage+Beta is ready

2»

Comments

• Options
    Heny '06Heny '06 Member Posts: 107
    Found some stuff on wikipedia, but if you have some other resouces please share, thanks.
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just got done taking the beta test. It wasn't too bad if you have some networking background. Plus everything on the test was fairly in line with the exam objectives on the Comptia website.

Here are the following study materials and links I used to study for it:

All books below are free with some registration
    IBM Redbooks - Introduction to Storage Area Networks
    Storage Area Networks for Dummies
    Storage Tiering for Dummies

Websites
    http://images.apple.com/xserve/pdf/L322097A_FibrChnl_TB.pdf
    Fibre Channel Protocol definition of Fibre Channel Protocol in the Free Online Encyclopedia.
    Fibre Channel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    InterOperability Laboratory: Services: Testing: Fibre Channel: Knowledge Base
    Fibre Channel Overview
    Host adapter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Fibre Channel over Ethernet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Fibre Channel over IP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    World Wide Name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    RAID - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically, if you googled everything in the exam objectives, you will do fine on the beta test.
  • Options
    weylin.piegorschweylin.piegorsch Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Heny '06Heny '06 Member Posts: 107
    Thanks that is currently what I am doing right now. You didnt get a result when you were finished right? Also it was 90 questions?
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It was actually 120 questions.
  • Options
    Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No result when it was over. Good test though.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Took it a couple hours ago. With a Net+ and Server+ type of background, and a bit of study on basic storage type of stuff, it is doable. I am pretty sure I passed. Very confident. I knew a lot of that stuff. Offered some comments, too. I did find a bit of spelling and grammar mistakes, though.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Got my results. Missed it by two points. 718 out of 720 to pass. DAMMIT! I was so close.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That is close. I'll post up too when I get my results, quite unlikely I'll pass though.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    I logged in to CompTIA to check my score. I passed but it doesn't have my score listed anywhere and I never received an email from them that the results were posted. I am really curious to see what I made. I only spent 2 days studying and have virtually no experience aside from moving backup tapes.
  • Options
    Just checked on VUE, and as expected I have failed. Man, I aint taking a beta ever again. I never put in enough effort, waste time taking the test and then hope to pass. Just aint worth it. I have also observed that very few people from outside the US seem to pass these betas. Something going on there, methinks.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    stiltnerstiltner Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got an e-mail a few days ago saying if I wanted a hard copy I had to go to blah blah blah.

I was like...huh, they only send those when you pass (I was 1000% positive I failed). In the mail today is a packet
    from Pearson Vue. Passing Score: 720 Me: 720. I bullseye'd that bad boy :)

So in the past 12 months I got Server+ and Storage+. 2012 = CCNA Voice and MCITP:EA
  • Options
    Another thing I have noticed is people with prior Comptia certs pass the betas while people like me who dont have any Comptia almost never pass. Screw you Comptia!!

Maybe I need to study more for these betas!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    Anyone else that took the beta not received their results yet? I didn't receive any email notification either. I just logged in and it has it lasted as a pass. Its says that my kit has been sent to fulfillment on the 19th. I would really like to know my score.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    swild wrote: »
    Anyone else that took the beta not received their results yet? I didn't receive any email notification either. I just logged in and it has it lasted as a pass. Its says that my kit has been sent to fulfillment on the 19th. I would really like to know my score.

Some time ago I signed into CompTIA's and saw a Fail. The second fail I ever got from a CompTIA exam. I wouldn't have even bothered announcing that, except that today, I went into my PO Box and got the hard copy score report:

Passing Score: 720
    Candidate Score: 716

Like PC509, I too was a hair away from having a Storage+ cert, and I didn't even study for this exam.

I will take this exam again. Sometime in Q1-2012. I know what kind of burned me....(non standard RAID, like RAID 6....). As soon as I'm done going for my MCITP:EA, this will be the cert I gun for.

Don't misunderstand me. If I had failed this exam by a lot, I wouldn't have bothered. But with a question or two (three at max)...I can't help but not take it again.

And Essendon, PC509 has one more CompTIA exam than I do....and he failed too. You gotta remember that CompTIAs are very straightforward in asking questions....you either know the questions or you don't. They don't ask questions in a roundabout way like Microsoft.

I'm just so mad that I failed by 4 points...lmao. I think this is CompTIA's way of getting me to pay. LMAO.
  • Options
    Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    642. And I felt pretty good about it too. I'm going back for this one.
  • Options
    Got the score report yesterday, made a 690 with a 720 needed. Not bad, but I aint going back for this. Probably better to get an SCSP than a Storage+, IMO.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I received the results today, I got 716 :D, it appears they set the passing score too high for this one.
  • Options
    I never received my score report.

After going round and round with CompTIA and PearsonVue, neither of them knows who has the score reports. According to Vue, they are not able to grade beta exams because CompTIA has not provided the grading program to them. CompTIA says that they do not grade or have any score reports.

Everyone on here has said that their score reports were sent out by PearsonVue, so I would assume that some department at Pearson has those reports. Does anyone have the envelope that the score report came in? PearsonVue told me that if I had that address, they may be able to find out who I should contact to get my report.

It's not the address on the score report, as that is just CompTIA's corporate address. Hopefully there is a different address on the envelope and someone still has it. I don't understand why this is so difficult. Post it here or PM me if you want.

Thanks in advance.