Options

Opinion on Infosec Institute

Hello

I was wondering if any of you used or recieved a training from Infosec Institute.

The prices are alright (compares with technical schools here in PR anyways).

So any comments on Infosec Institute?

Thanks
meh

Comments

• Options
    mikemc90mikemc90 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want to know also. I am going to a Security+ boot camp with them in Dec.
    Mike
    BS Information Systems Security
    Currently working on MS Information Security and Assurance
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    anyone? bit of info? plz?
    meh
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    kurosaki00 wrote: »
    anyone? bit of info? plz?
    That company is founded by one of our former moderators, Keatron (search forums for posts), who got too busy running that company :) I can't really speak for the training itself because I have no experience with it, but I will say that I personally expect it to be excellent as providing quality training is what he did back then already.
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote: »
    That company is founded by one of our former moderators, Keatron (search forums for posts), who got too busy running that company :) I can't really speak for the training itself because I have no experience with it, but I will say that I personally expect it to be excellent as providing quality training is what he did back then already.

Thanks,
    Hmm, Ive read plenty good opinion on them, but I respect the words around in this forum so I wanted a bit more of feedback.
    I didnt know one of the founders of this forum made that company, thats pretty impressive!

If anyone want to add some specific details on any of the courses/training of Infosec plz, do so
    thanks
    meh
  • Options
    Been a few months, but now I have some training income saved.

So I'm really interested in opinions about infosec institute.
    I did my bit of research in prices here in PR and not the top, but even the cheapest training certified school here in PR are twice the price of these guys. So cant help to be interested.

Ive read different comments online through google search and pretty much the usual "worse" its "The course is boring" or "I expected more, I passed but I expected more".
    Which is not exactly that bad, considering some stories Ive heard about some tech schools.

So...
    plz
    any opinion would be more than welcomed!
    meh
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Were you able to find out more about this? I am looking into taking the CCNA Security through them.
  • Options
    mikemc90mikemc90 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I went to Washington DC for a Security+ class with them. I thought it was great and I had no problem passing the test. The teacher was great and it was a fun class. I would recommend them and I would take another class from them.
    BS Information Systems Security
    Currently working on MS Information Security and Assurance
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Im signed up for a CCNA bootcamp with them. Will let folks know how it goes.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I took the CPT/CEH with them, loved it. My only issue with them was that I was supposed to get a core impact license and never received it, but since I am not doing real PT, I can live. I can also tell you that ISI acquired Intense School a few years ago, they had a great reputation
This discussion has been closed.