Options

What version of sever 2008R2 should I use for my windows 70-680 lab?

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
I was thinking standard, but I’m not sure

just wondering what'sthe best version to get for the 70-680. Obiviously, I know it would't be Datacenter ahaha.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Editions

What version of sever 2008R2 should is use for my windows 70-680 lab?
I was thinking standard, but I’m not sure
I have a 64 bit processor

And 6 gigs of DDR

I have a lab I need to do that requires deploying windows 7 using MDTS 2010…well turns out that you have to install server 2008R2, before you can install MDTS 2010.
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Standard would work fine. I think that the trail versions of server08 is enterprise though.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd try and get Enterprise to practice with, that's what I have running in my lab.

Here's a link to some information:
    Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Editions
  • Options
    Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    I am using enterprise in my labs. but standard would also be fine. :D

Good luck with the exam thought I had under estimated this reading some of the reviews about. But turns out I had over studied it as was in and out having passed in about 35/40 mins.
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'