Options

Has Anyone Attended Cisco Networking Academy?

I might be starting the academy this month or in January. I'm trying to get some feedback on the academy and how your experience was with the academy.
There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)

Comments

• Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did, through our local community college. We did the Discovery series. Everything was done online, no books. And you get Packet Tracer for free.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My experience with the academy classes was great. I took the classes because they were a part of my degree program. The lab manuals were top notch and having a knowledgeable instructor available was a big plus. It was also nice to have near 24/7 access to a lab stocked with 2811 routers and 2960 switches.

If you're not looking to complete a degree and you don't need the structure of a class, then consider self-study. You can probably take the exam 5 or 6 times for the cost of the classes.
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I attended it through a community college as well. The teachers were pretty cool and were more than willing to help out and had a sense of humor as well to break up the monotony of a 3-hr long class. icon_lol.gif

If you can study it on your own, go for it. But I personally think its best to have a knowledgeable person that can give you that one-on-one time to explain the more challenging topics of CCNA program.icon_wink.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I attended it through community college as well for my degree. I think it was a very good program. If I had the time and didn't have to pay the out of county tuiton I might consider the CCNP cisco networking academy after I get my CCNA.

Anyways I still have all the labs from exploration 2, 3, and 4 :D If only I had the time to dust them off...
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA